Lemon meringue on Coffee. Inspired by the classic American lemon meringue pie. A blend of refreshing lemon sauce and vanilla syrup, topped with whipped cream and lemon drizzle, and finished with a Cookie & Meringue topping. DID YOU KNOW Because lemons are high in vitamin C they can prevent the disease scurvy which was common among sailors stuck on ships for months.
Given both the coffee chain's seasonal beverage track record and the creativity of their craziest fans, it's probably only a matter of time before we have a proper springtime Frappuccino to celebrate— whether it's on the menu or not. It's all topped off with whipped cream, a sweet and sour lemon drizzle and airy dollops of meringue. The Lemon Meringue Frappuccino was spotted by @JunkFoodontheGo via Instagram. You can have Lemon meringue on Coffee using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon meringue on Coffee
- Prepare of meringue topping.
- It’s 1 of lemon or lemon zest.
- Prepare 2 of egg white only.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need of coffee fingers.
- It’s 1 cup of coffee, with milk to taste.
- Prepare 20 of sponge fingers.
The Malaysian promo also features a Hazelnut Cold Foam Iced Espresso with Coffee Jelly. We'd book a flight for one sip of either drink! Zest and juice plump lemons to make a curd that fills this classic lemon meringue pie. The tart lemon filling paired with pillows of soft meringue are a guaranteed hit no matter where you take this pie — even if it's just a weeknight dessert.
Lemon meringue on Coffee instructions
- make the meringue topping first. Whisk the egg white until soft peaks form (completely wuite but not hard).
- Fold the sugar into the egg white, and whisk untill stiff peaks form (completely white, doesn?t flow out of bowl).
- Squeeze a wedge of lemon, or grate lemon zest into the white. Fold to mix, and set aside..
- Line a baking tray, and prepare to put together everything. Dip the sponge fingers, one at a time, quickly into the coffee. do not soak them through. Place them on the baking tray..
- Take the topping, and use a teaspoon to cover the top of each sponge finger. do NOT flatten the topping with the spoon..
- Bake the fingers until topping starts to turn slightly brown and crispy. I used a toaster oven so it was 5mins on a timer, but you have to be careful not to burn the topping..
- Serve immediately, as once cooled the topping may collapse. Great for anything from a buffet dessert, to a small party..
To make the lemon curd, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine the egg yolks, sugar and lemon zest and juice. Moist lemon cake with crunchy crumble topping and sweet lemon cream cheese glaze. This lemon coffee cake is bursting with bright lemon and perfect for brunch. Lately I've been on a bit of a lemon kick. With the start of spring, warmer weather, and sunshine just starting to poke out – I feel like lemon is the perfect way to celebrate.