Dark Chocolate Cupcakes.
You can cook Dark Chocolate Cupcakes using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
- Prepare 2 2/3 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt (omit if using salted butter).
- It’s 113 grams of Butter, room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Oil.
- You need 2 cup of White sugar.
- It’s 4 of Eggs, room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk (I used soured creamline milk, but buttermilk works as well or sour cream/milk or milk with 1/4tsp lemon juice or vinegar).
- You need 1 cup of Hot water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Instant coffee granules.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Prepare the muffin pans accordingly..
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, soda, salt, and cocoa and mix well with a whisk..
- Cream softened butter with sugar. The mixture won't quite come together like normal but once your done, it should look something similar to clumpy wet sand (exactly what you want to think of when you make cupcakes)..
- Add the eggs and oil to the butter mixture, making sure to mix thoroughly and scraping the bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla..
- Alternate dry ingredients and milk to the butter mixture, only mixing until just combined. You should start and end with the flour..
- In a separate cup, dissolve the coffee in the hot water. Add it to the batter, mixing on low speed until just combined. If you want a mellower chocolate taste, the coffee can be omitted or you can play around with the amounts. Just be careful about adding more as it can make the cupcakes bitter..
- Scoop into cups and bake for 15 min. If they need more time, drop the oven temperature to 350F/180C. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs. As opposed to some other cupcakes, these are a bit more forgiving if over baked..
- Let cool on a wire rack and then top accordingly. Pictured are chocolate cupcakes with raspberry purée inside and topped with a ganache. I also made a creamy peanut butter buttercream..