Dough for Chappatis/ Indian flat bread. It's such an easy and good recipe my family's addicted to this bread by now. How to prepare dough for roti, chapati, parantha and poori's? Quick demonstration of dough making process for Indian flatbreads.
It is very similar in shape to the Mexican tortilla, but very different in texture and flavor. If they seem dry, sprinkle a. Roti, also called Chapati or Phulka, is a whole wheat Indian flatbread staple in Indian homes. You can have Dough for Chappatis/ Indian flat bread using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dough for Chappatis/ Indian flat bread
- Prepare of Fists full of wheat flour depending on no. Of Chappatis. (Example: 10 fists full = 10/11 Chappatis).
- You need 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Prepare of Water to knead the dough (I used 2 cups for 15 fists full of flour).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Let's learn how to make soft roti's every time! There is no leavening agent needed in this flat bread. Roti is Indian flat bread made with whole-wheat flour. Roti are served with a variety of cooked Roti also known as Chapati or Fulka, is Indian flat bread made with whole wheat flour.
Dough for Chappatis/ Indian flat bread instructions
- Add the amount of wheat flour you want (Here I am making 15-16 chappatis, so I’m taking 15 fists full of wheat flour).
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add water little by little and mix till the flour is wet and is lumpy.
- Keep adding water little by little and knead it into a round soft ball. Don’t add too much water, the dough will become sticky and soggy.
- When fully kneaded into a ball, add a teaspoon of cooking oil on the side and mix it into the dough.
- Now keep kneading the dough. The oil will give it a smooth texture. (Note: the more you knead it, the more smooth and soft it’ll become).
- You know your dough is perfect when you give it a light tap, and the print of your fingers is left on it..
- Store it in an airtight container and stick it into the fridge. It remains fresh for 2 days..
- Before starting to make chappatis, remove it 10 minutes in advance and keep it out of the fridge.
- The more you practice, the more you’ll be better and quicker at kneading the dough..
- Check out my next Recipe for making chappatis/Indian flat bread 😉.
Knead the dough for about one minute on a lightly greased surface to make it smooth and pliable. Chapati is a type of Indian flat bread, it's very popular in India. It is a staple and made of really simple ingredients: wheat flour, salt and water. Roll a dough ball in the flour and flatten it a bit with your hands. Chapati is an unleavened Indian flat bread that is eaten with vegetables or curries.