Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes. Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes My first ever chocolate mocha anything to experiment with and wow, so moist and decadent! These mocha cupcakes are a great coffee/chocolate combination. These chocolate mocha cupcakes are chocolate lover's dream.
Or seriously don't talk to me. The perfect combination of coffee and chocolate, these decadent mocha cupcakes with espresso buttercream frosting are the perfect morning treat or after dinner indulgence. With a cup of coffee of course! You can cook Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
- Prepare of For the Cupcakes.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of bread flour.
- You need 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt or kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (not margarine), melted.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of of your favorite strongly brewed coffee.
- You need 1 tsp of freshly ground nutmeg.
- You need of For the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- It’s 6 tbsp of softened butter (room temp).
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 2/3 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of freshly ground nutmeg.
Get ready for a burst of energy and tastebud excitement. If you like coffee and chocolate, then you'll love these Mocha Cupcakes! Moist, deeply chocolate-y cupcakes are topped with a silky Swiss buttercream that's spiked with rich espresso. Can somebody please tell me where the week went?
Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Line 2 cupcake tins (12each)with liners (makes 24 cupcakes)..
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream sugar, eggs, butter and buttermilk. Add almond extracted nutmeg and mix well..
- In a separate bowl, sift bread flour and cocoa powder until its lump free..
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined..
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined..
- Add brewed coffee to the mixed batter and mix again until combined..
- Fill each cupcake tin 3/4 way full. Any more and your batter will run over and create a huge mess!.
- Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean..
- Once cupcakes are done, set aside to cool while moving on to make the frosting..
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter for one to 2 minutes..
- Sift the powdered sugar and the cocoa powder in a separate bowl until lump free then slowly add it to the butter in the mixing bowl..
- Add the heavy whipping cream, almond extract and nutmeg. Mix until smooth, creamy and airy about 3 to 4 minutes..
- Frost cupcakes and decorate if desired. Enjoy!.
I'm so sorry for the spotty posting schedule of late. So needless to say – these mocha cupcakes with coffee frosting are a total winner. The idea came a few weeks ago when I was enjoying a large coffee and fudgy chocolate cupcake. The bitter coffee was the perfect thing to cut the sweetness of the sweet, chocolate-y goodness. So it only seemed logical to combine the two.