Espresso frosting. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a small bowl, combine espresso powder and vanilla extract and stir with a fork until espresso is dissolved. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until smooth.
I like to use decaf instant coffee granules, but you can use regular if you'd like. The perfect combination of coffee and chocolate, these decadent mocha cupcakes with espresso buttercream frosting are the perfect morning treat or after dinner indulgence. With a cup of coffee of course! You can have Espresso frosting using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Espresso frosting
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of Confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1 stick of (1/2 cup) Butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Freashly brewed coffee.
- You need 3 1/2 tbsp of Espresso (I like a lot of coffee flavor so if you dont like bold coffee flavor you can add less or add more if you want it strounger. just play around with it).
- You need 1/4 cup of Milk (you might have to add more so add milk till your frostings nice and peaky. But 1/4 cup should be enough).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
Get ready for a burst of energy and tastebud excitement. Really like the combo of flavors going on here–the stout and espresso go well together, without overpowering each other. If I had one thing I'd do differently, it would be to add a touch more cocoa powder to the cupcakes–I like a really strong chocolate flavor, and wanted it to stand out a bit more for my personal tastes. Blend in half of the sugar, then the cooled melted chocolate, vanilla, salt and the espresso powder.
Espresso frosting instructions
- Put your 4 1/2 cups confectioners sugar in a bowl with your soft stick of butter and mix all together till combined.
- Than when it's all combined throw in your coffee and milk. If the mixture is to liquidity after this step add a little more confectioners sugar till it's nice and smooth..
- After your frosting is the texture you want it put in your espresso and vinilla and mix till your frosting is how you want it. 🙂 enjoy.
Alternate the remaining two cups confectioners sugar with the cream, until it reaches the desired sweetness and consistency. frosting: Mix the espresso powder into the vanilla until dissolved; set aside. We based this recipe on a classic Cream Cheese Frosting recipe, with the additional flavor of espresso. The perfect icing for my Chocolate Espresso Brownies. For the espresso powder I use Nescafe Clasico Instant Coffee. The best when you need a big chocolate fix.