Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread.
You can have Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need of Zest of 1 large orange.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- You need 2 of large eggs, slightly beaten.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh cranberries, roughly chopped.
- You need of Orange Glaze Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of orange zest.
Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with baking spray (or grease with butter and coat evenly in flour), set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder..
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture, set aside..
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla..
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined..
- Fold in cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan..
- Bake for 70-75 min or until toothpick comes out clean. If your loaf starts to go too brown, drape a piece of foil over the top to finish baking..
- Remove bread from oven, place on a cooling rack for 15 min. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack..
- While bread is cooling, prepare the orange glaze: in a small bowl, convince icing sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over bread, cut and serve..
- Store the bread, wrapped on the counter, for 2-3 days. It also freezes well, so I like to cut the loaf into thirds and take out a portion to thaw when preparing for company..