Italian Herb & Cheese Bread.
You can cook Italian Herb & Cheese Bread using 11 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Herb & Cheese Bread
- Prepare 2 packages of active dry yeast.
- You need 2 cups of warm water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter softened.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of each:.
- You need of Onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano, parsley.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan romano cheese.
- It’s 5 1/2-6 cups of bread flour.
- You need 1 of egg beaten for eggwash.
- You need of Melted butter for brushing after baked.
Italian Herb & Cheese Bread instructions
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water (110 degrees).
- While yeast is proofing, mix flour, spices, salt and cheese together until well combined..
- When yeast is frothy, add softened butter and add mixture to flour mixture..
- I use my bread machine on dough cycle but you can use mixer with hook attachment or knead by hand..
- Knead until a soft ball forms and pulls away from sides of bowl. It should feel smooth and when you touch it should not stick to finger..
- If it is to sticky, add a few tablespoons of bread flour and knead until consistency described above. If it is dry, add teaspoon of water at a time and refer to above instructions..
- The dough should be smooth and elastic. Knead for 10 minutes with hook and check..
- When dough is smooth and elastic, grease a large bowl with oil or cooking spray..
- Roll dough in bowl to cover with oil and cover. Let rise until double in size..
- Punch down dough and turn out on lightly floured surface..
- Roll out dough to rectangle. I usually roll out 9×13. If you want smaller loaves roll out larger and it makes more also..
- Spread with softened butter. I add garlic and herbs to my butter but its optional..
- With sharp knife of pizza cutter, cut into 4 equal pieces. More if rolled out larger. Roll each piece wider..
- Roll each piece up from long side like making cinnamon or jelly rolls. Pinch ends together and tuck under..
- Repeat with remaining dough. You should have 4 loaves..
- Place seam side down in 9×13 inch pan width wise not lenghth..
- I sometime put shredded cheese on dough with butter before rolling. Roll out to 9×13 and roll long side up jelly roll style. Cut into equal pieces. Place in oiled 9×13 dish. Rise and brush with egg wash, cheese and herbs. Bake until golden and cooked through. Brush with garlic herb butter..
- Brush with oil and cover. Let rise until double in size..
- Brush tops with eggwash. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese and herbs if desired. I also top with shredded cheese also..
- Bake at 325 for 35 to 45 minutes. If tops are browning to fast, cover with foil..
- Test for doneness after 30 minutes. I cook on lower temp longer because of all the layers it takes a bit to cook through..
- When done, brush with butter or garlic butter with parsley..