Coffee Milk Custard Pie. Generally speaking, custards are overlooked in the world of pies. It's easy to opt for a more flashy pie choice, such as Pistachio Pie or Spiced Blackberry Pie when it comes to a sweet treat after a meal. But, I'd argue that custard-in particular-this Coffee Custard Pie, is a true and simple demonstration of easy and attainable baking.
Mix together butter and flour until the texture a bit crumbly, then. With eggs and milk being the main ingredient to make a custard filling – and nutmeg sprinkled on top – this pie is smooth, silky and ridiculously rich. When time is limited and I want a homemade pie, custard pie is the thing to bake. You can have Coffee Milk Custard Pie using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coffee Milk Custard Pie
- It’s of Blind baked pastry.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- It’s 125 gr of butter.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare of Coffee milk custard.
- You need 1 can of sweet condensed milk (375ml).
- It’s 4-5 tsp of instant coffee dissolve in warm water 500ml.
- It’s 5 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla paste.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
Most of the time we all have the ingredients for custard, eggs and milk. On two of these occasion when I was baking my custard pie a funny thing happened. Sift flour and measure. ingredients together. In the top of a double boiler, combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in milk until smooth.
Coffee Milk Custard Pie instructions
- Mix together butter and flour until the texture a bit crumbly, then add the egg yolk. Mix it again and put the water little by little until the dough elastic and can be kneaded. After that roll up with rolling pin as thin as you like and can cover all the pan pie surface. Put on the oven for 10 mins on 150 degrees or until it’s a bit crusty and golden. Take out, set a side..
- Whisk the sweet condensed milk together with dissolved coffee, egg yolks, vanilla paste and a pinch of salt. Strain the custard before put on the pie. Then baked again for another 50-55 minutes..
The Nespresso Vanilla Custard Pie coffee pod inspires coffee drinkers to become experts on the coffee vanilla custard recipe. COMBINE brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and milk in saucepan over medium heat. Cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover the edges of the pie with a pie shield or strips of aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Evaporated milk together with whole milk make this easy-to-make custard pie nice and velvety.