Hazelnut Coffee Brownie Slice. Pear, chocolate and hazelnut brownie slice.. No, it's Karen's fudgy pear, hazelnut and chocolate brownie-slice, which combines the best of both desserts into one delicious recipe. With fresh pear cutting through the richness of the chocolate, this dessert takes the cake.
Chocolate hazelnut crumbs are where it's at. Reminisenct of a gorgeous brownie, this Chocolate Hazelnut Slice could even been made for a delicious dessert. Leave out the ganache and crumbs, if you want a more portable slice. You can cook Hazelnut Coffee Brownie Slice using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hazelnut Coffee Brownie Slice
- It’s 100 grams of butter.
- You need 400 grams of dark chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of instant coffee.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts.
- It’s 1 of powdered chocolate – for dusting.
Either way, you can satisfy your chocolate cravings instantly. I ate waaay too much of this slice. These brownie bites are like nutella brownies, but no bake, no make the nutella and of course no palm oil or dairy like the usual nutella. And although other coffee brownie recipes may use instant coffee granules or extracts to add a coffee flavor, I'm not going to do that.
Hazelnut Coffee Brownie Slice step by step
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f.
- Grease 20cm cake pan. Line base with greaseproof/baking paper.
- Melt the butter and half the chocolate in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Leave until cool.
- Once cool, stir in eggs, sugar, coffee, flour, hazelnuts and remaining chocolate. Mix well..
- Using spatula, spread evenly in baking pan..
- Cook for 30 minutes or until firm to touch..
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack and cool completely..
- Dust with powdered chocolate. I use the same chocolate I use on my frothy milk drinks..
- Cut in to 12-16 wedges, depending on how big your sweet tooth is!.
I'm going to use real coffee in these coffee brownies. The trick is to add coffee without adding too much water (too much water makes brownies cake-like). Your brownies will be moist and fudgy. Pecans are optional but like seriously, you should keep them. Parchment paper is your friend. use it for easy clean up and removal of brownies.