Blackened Asian salmon with crispy ginger sticks. Blackened salmon is so easy to make and the crispy skin is life-changing! My go-to recipe for a long time has been this foil packet salmon with lemon and soy sauce. It's so easy I can practically do it in my sleep and has almost no hands-on time, so it's perfect for a quick dinner after a long day at work!
Use a wide skillet or non-stick saucepan over medium heat; when the oil begins to sizzle a little lay the salmon filets, skin side down, in the pan. DIY Blackened Seasoning Straight from Your Spice Cabinet. Imagine baking the salmon with some ginger, garlic, honey, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. You can have Blackened Asian salmon with crispy ginger sticks using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blackened Asian salmon with crispy ginger sticks
- You need 1 tbsp of Maggi seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of kotteri mirin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 of centre-cut salmon steak, cut into 2 fillets.
- You need 1 of palm-sized nub ginger, peeled and cut into fine matchsticks.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
Ginger and garlic are two of my favorite ingredients. In Asian cooking, they are two of the most important ingredients that impart amazing aromas and flavors to all kinds of food, especially when they are used. Asian Salmon in Foil – The best and easiest way to make salmon in foil – and you won't believe how much flavor is packed right in! In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, Sriracha and pepper, to taste.
Blackened Asian salmon with crispy ginger sticks step by step
- Combine the liquid ingredients in a shallow dish. Season the skin-side only of the salmon with salt and pepper, and lay the fillets flesh-side down in the marinade. Move on to making the ginger..
- Put 1 in. of veg oil into a medium pot on medium heat. In a small bowl, toss the ginger with the flour. Shake off the excess and fry the ginger in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove the ginger sticks to a paper-towel lined plate and sprinkle them lightly with salt. Go back to the salmon..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium non-stick pan on medium heat. Shake the marinade off the salmon and lay the fillets skin-side down in the pan. Let cook for 5 minutes, basting the salmon frequently with the marinade. Flip the fillets over and let cook 4 minutes on the other side. Serve the salmon topped with the ginger sticks..
Topped with an easy homemade tartar sauce, this salmon can't be beat! The outside should start to blacken and crisp, leaving the salmon juicy inside. Keywords: asian salmon, asian salmon recipe, dinner recipes with salmon, salmon and farro, salmon farro recipe. We grilled the salmon to get a crispy texture on the outside edges. (Make sure you oil the grill to lessen the sticking!) I simply added the marinade to the rest of the stir fry and farro. Cook salmon until the skin is nicely browned and crispy, and the flesh is mostly cooked through.