Lamb and Coffee Stew. Lamb and Coffee (Espresso) Stew A delicious slow cooked stew with a secret ingredients – coffee! It really adds a depth fo flavour to the stew with onions, garlic, carrots, stock, chilli flakes, dried mixed herbs and a can of black-eyed beans and freshly chopped herbs. The Guinness and coffee flavors meld perfectly to give way to a deep, rich, lusciously savory sauce that simmers away to tenderize the beef so it's practically spoonable!
This Guinness lamb stew recipe is a twist on traditional Irish stew. The flavor contributions of Guinness stout and the prolonged simmering transform lamb into a tender delicacy. After you add the Guinness and broth/stock into the pot, bring to simmer and ensure you scrape the bottom of the pot well. You can cook Lamb and Coffee Stew using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lamb and Coffee Stew
- Prepare 1 cup of strong coffee more if needed.
- You need 1 pound of lamb neckbones.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 pound of carrots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 of large orange bell pepper.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of extra Virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of ail purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Sauvignon merlot.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ghee.
That leaves us with a dilemma. We want browning for a deeply flavored stew, but we also want tender meat. The solution that Kenji and I are using in all our beef stew recipes from now on is to start with a whole boneless chuck roast, cut it into about three large steaks, and brown the two biggest sides of each of those steaks. Then we cut the browned meat into big, one-and-a-half- to two-inch.
Lamb and Coffee Stew instructions
- Heat oil in a pan on the stove top. Add lamb neckbones and brown on all sides. 10 total..
- Remove the lamb. Add all the rest of the ingredients except flour ghee and water cover and simmer. 10 minutes.
- With the spices added sir in. Cover and stir occasionally cooking on low. 20 minutes.
- Slice some of the lamb off the bone. Add the sliced lamb back. Add ghee Stir in well..
- Simmer 20 minutes then turn down low heat for 20 minutes..
- After its cooked add flour to make a gravy in the pot with the lamb. After its cooked for 10 minutes add 1 cup of water to thin the gravy. Let simmer 10 minutes..
- When done let rest for 5 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy! I served over Puerto Rican style rice..
Slow Cooker Persian Lamb and Eggplant Stew makes tender lamb in a spiced tomato sauce that is cooked all day and gets served with rice in the Persian classic. Khoreshe Bademjan: Slow Cooker Persian Eggplant Stew By Sue Lau It also became one of my staple foods in 'the lean years' when Bill. Ground lamb, chickpeas, and lentils all provide lean sources of protein, and legumes are also an excellent source of dietary fiber. We're all about hearty comfort foods in the winter including our favorite soups Stuffed Cabbage Soup , Easy Taco Soup , and Classic Chicken Noodle Soup !