Mexican Coffee Buns aka Rotiboy. Mexican buns aka coffee cookie buns aka rotiboy buns. Mexican buns aka coffee cookie buns aka rotiboy buns. The Chinese like soft and fluffy white breads.
Mexican coffee bun is a sweet bun that filled with butter and covered with crusty coffee on top. Many people might think that this bun is originally from Mexico because of its name. You'll regret if you don't make. You can have Mexican Coffee Buns aka Rotiboy using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Coffee Buns aka Rotiboy
- Prepare of bread softener.
- Prepare 300 grams of strong bread flour.
- It’s 300 ml of cold water.
- Prepare 1 grams of active dry yeast.
- You need of Bread.
- It’s 330 grams of strong bread flour.
- Prepare 90 ml of milk.
- Prepare 200 grams of bread softener (as above).
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 70 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 20 grams of milk powder.
- It’s 5 grams of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of filling.
- You need of cubes of butter.
- Prepare of topping.
- You need 50 grams of butter, softened.
- You need 50 grams of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of strong coffee.
- You need 70 grams of all-purpose flour.
Mexican Coffee Bun is a bun stuffed with butter and has a very crispy coffee pastry topping. It is made popular by this Malaysian bakery called Rotiboy and now this bun is commonly known as "Rotiboy" in Malaysia and throughout Asia. Also a copycat of Pappa Roti. These are delicious and so different- Not really Mexican, they are from Malaysia.
Mexican Coffee Buns aka Rotiboy step by step
- Make the bread. I used a bread machine, and it looks to me that if you throw in all the ingredients and beat the dough for twenty minutes or so, let it rest for ten minutes, then beat again for another ten minutes then leave it to rise for ten minutes. This is rather sketchy, so I recommend those who do not have a bread machine to Google on how to make bread and follow that if you're doubtful..
- Separate bread dough into round lumps of roughly 60g (or your own prefered size and shape)..
- Let rest for half an hour or until the dough has doubled in size..
- Meanwhile, beat buter and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy..
- Beat in egg and stir in the coffee..
- Sift the flour into the mixture and stir gently until corporated. Do not over work it..
- Pour the cookie batter into a piping bag with the tip snipped off..
- Pipe the cookie batter in circles on the bread dough before baking it in preheated oven at 180℃..
It is like a thin coffee butter cookie spread over the bun. When you bite into these the outside is crisp while the inside is soft and buttery. I'm eating Mexican coffee bun aka Rotiboy today 오늘은 모카번을 준비했습니다 今日はモカパンを食べます。 【Please Subscribe ★ 구독 부탁드립니다. G. these buns are SO delicious you've got to try them! These fluffy, buttery buns are topped with a coffee scented cookie crust, and they became wildly popular in Southeast Asia. "Rotiboy.