Whipped Coffee. Whipped coffee, also known as Korean Dalgona coffee, is a fluffy delicious twist on your morning caffeine addiction. And it takes about the same amount of time to make as it does to brew a pot of coffee. You probably have most of those ingredients lying around, and the process of whipping it up is extremely straightforward.
It was recently popularized through a viral TikTok video showing how simple and delicious it is. It's one of those recipes that is so easy to make, but looks really fancy. In India and Pakistan, whipped coffee has long been a popular home brew, known as phenti hui. You can have Whipped Coffee using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whipped Coffee
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Instant coffee.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Hot water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (120 ml) of Milk of your choice.
- Prepare 2-3 of Ice cubes.
In Greece, the frappé is dalgona's older, frothier sibling. And, more generally, there are versions. Dalgona coffee, more commonly known as "whipped coffee," has become one of the biggest trends on the internet over the past month. (You may have seen a video or two — or three or four — of people making whipped coffee on TikTok.)It is a hot or cold coffee drink that uses instant coffee, sugar, very hot water and any type of milk. And a cold, whipped coffee drink that was inspired by a South Korean honeycomb toffee by the same name.
Whipped Coffee instructions
- In a large mixing bowl place coffee, sugar and hot water (1:1:1 ratio)..
- Using a hand mixer or electric mixer, whisk until thick and creamy..
- Fill only 3/4 of a cup with cold milk and add ice cubes..
- Top it up with foamy whipped coffee. Mix well before drink.
However you look at dalgona coffee, the end result is a multilayered drink that's as. Have a large completely dry mixing bowl ready. Mix coffee and sugar together in bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, whip until the mixture doubles in size. It seemed to come out of thin air, but in a matter of days, a three-ingredient whipped coffee drink (aka Dalgona coffee) hailing from Southeast Asia has gone from an unheard-of regional favorite to a viral social media sensation.