Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes. Just imagine coconut creamy icing over the top of a fluffy white cupcake. Your taste buds will be in heaven! Enjoyed both hot OR served over ice for a cool summer drink!
Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on low speed until combined. Coconut cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream and toasted coconut. I got my first cake order from a stranger last week. You can have Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes
- It’s of Cupcakes.
- You need 110 grams of sugar.
- It’s 110 grams of margarine.
- You need 110 grams of Self Rasing Flour.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Coffee.
- It’s 4 tbsp of water.
- It’s of Desiccated Coconut.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of topping.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- It’s 200 grams of Icing sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of coffee.
- It’s 4 tsp of water.
I didn't even know this was a thing I was going to be doing, but apparently it's happening. Beat together butter, powdered sugar, coconut extract, pineapple juice, and milk until desired consistency. Sugar and milk can be adjusted to taste. Once cupcakes have cooled completely, frost with pineapple coconut butter cream icing.
Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°F.
- In a bowl, cream margarine and sugar..
- Add the vanilla and eggs, stir being careful not to curdle the marg..
- Fold in the flour. This is your cake mixture..
- In a cup add the coffee to the water, stirring until disolved. Stir this into the cake mixture making a coffee cake mixture. Add milk here if mixture is too thick..
- Divide between either 12 cupcake case or 6 muffin cases. Sprinkle the coconut ontop of the mixture in the cases- DO NOT MIX- this is soo the coconut is toasted in the oven, adding to the flavour..
- Bake for 15 minutes (cupcakes, muffins will take longer) Remove from oven and completely cool before placing icing ontop.
- TO MAKE THE TOPPING- in a bowl add the butter, and cream into the icing sugar. You are not making butter cream! Not all the icing sugar will blend.
- In a cup add the coffee to the water, stir untill disolved. Add to the icing sugar and butter. Keep stirring until the icing is of a proffered thickness – the thicker it is the quicker it will set- this is what the butter is for, it allows you to have a basic icing with some structure..
- Ice your cupcakes..
Place shredded coconut onto a plate. Gently roll the freshly frosted cupcakes through the coconut. Just imagine creamy, coconut icing over the top of a fluffy white cupcake. Your taste buds will be in heaven! Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix in.