Making wholemeal bread at home is practically a therapy, and the best: having warm bread at breakfast, and still made by you, makes everything more special! Whole-grain bread are much healthier than normal bread, made with white wheat flour, as they are extremely rich in fiber and help to regulate the intestine, besides being incredibly tasty and providing benefits to our body. Learn some brown bread recipes and invite your friends over for afternoon coffee!
1. Classic brown bread
The basis of wholemeal bread recipes is wholemeal flour, which is extremely rich in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals, unlike white flour, which, as it undergoes a refinement process, ends up not preserving many nutrients. In this classic brown bread recipe, in addition to the benefits of flour, vegetable milk is rich in several vitamins and minerals and also has a diuretic action.
– 02 and 1/4 cup of wholemeal flour (approximately 270g);
– 1/4 cup of oil;
– 01 cup of vegetable milk tea (warm);
– 01 tablespoon of dry biological yeast;
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt;
– 03 tablespoons of sugar.
– In a container, add the flour, yeast, oil, sugar, and warm milk. Mix everything and add the salt.
– Knead the dough for 5 minutes (can be with a wooden spoon, with your hands or in an electric mixer).
– Then cover the container with a cloth and let the dough rest and rise for at least 1 hour.
– Grease a 23x13cm loaf pan, add the dough, cover again, and let it rest for another hour.
– After resting, brush the pasta with olive oil and spread a grain of your choice (sunflower seed, sesame, etc.).
– Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
Accompanying tips: this delicious bread can be served with various mixes, such as curd, butter, olive cream, etc. You can also make a sandwich with salad for your afternoon snack!
Special tip: you can toast it because it is also delicious! Just cut into slices and leave for 5 to 10 minutes in the oven at 180 ° C.
2. Brown bread with oats
Extremely healthy, this recipe for whole grain bread with oats has the power to benefit the functioning of your intestines! Oats slow gastric emptying and promote satiety, in addition to having a fiber that lowers the blood cholesterol level. Honey, used to sweeten bread, strengthens immunity and aids digestion!
– 02 cups of whole milk tea;
– 1/2 cup of warm water;
– 01 cup of rolled oats;
– 02 tablespoons of dry instant yeast;
– 04 tablespoons of butter (preferably melted);
– 1/2 cup of honey;
– 05 cups of whole wheat flour;
– 01 tablespoon of salt;
– 01 beaten egg (for brushing).
– In a pan, heat the milk over low heat and do not let it boil. Then, with the heat off, add the oats and let it rest until it is warm, stirring a little. When the oatmeal is warm, add the butter, honey and water, mixing well;
– In a container, preferably a large bowl, place the flour, yeast and salt;
– Pour the mixture made with the liquids (still warm) over the other ingredients and mix well until you get a dough that is uniform;
– Sprinkle flour on a countertop before placing the dough on top (so as not to stick). When placing the dough on the counter, knead it for about 15 minutes, until it is elastic;
– Shape the dough into a ball shape and place it in a greased bowl (preferably with oil). Cover the bowl with wrapping paper and let it rest until it doubles in size (approximately for 1 hour and 40 minutes);
– After resting, place the dough on a floured surface again and knead until the air bubbles are eliminated;
– Divide the dough in two and place them in 2 molds (greased with oil). Cover the molds with a dish towel and let it rest for another 40 minutes (they ferment in the rest);
– Turn on the oven and let it preheat for 15 minutes at 180 ° C;
– After the bread rests, brush the beaten egg and sprinkle granulated oats;
– Take them to bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, until they are golden brown.
Accompanying tips: this bread can accompany a spinach pesto with cashews and burrata – it\’s a great option!
Extra tip: when ready, the bread can be moistened with milk or water and can be used in recipes like meat balls and even rice balls!
3. Whole yogurt bread
This is one of the recipes that will provide you with the cutest whole grain bread, and yogurt is to blame! In addition to giving a better texture to bread, yogurt has the power to improve intestinal bacterial flora, preventing various diseases!
– 01 and 1/2 cup of warm milk tea;
– 230g of natural yogurt at room temperature;
– 01 tablespoon of honey;
– 01 tablespoon of dry biological yeast;
– 600g of whole wheat flour;
– 150g of wheat flour;
– 01 tablespoon of salt.
– Put the yogurt, milk, salt and honey in a blender and blend well, until the ingredients are mixed;
– In a large bowl, place half the flour and baking powder and mix well. Then, open a hole in the middle, as if making a small volcano;
– Pour the liquid in the center of the hole and stir slowly with a spoon (it can be with your fingertips too). When the dough starts to get heavy, take it to a floured counter and knead for about 15 minutes, until the dough\’s consistency is elastic. While kneading, add the rest of the flours (gradually, as needed);
– Put the dough back in the bowl, cover it with a cloth and let it rest until it doubles in volume (approximately 2 hours);
– Once the dough has doubled in volume, take it to the floured bench, divide it in half and make two loaves. Place them in a greased pan and let it rise again.
– Preheat the oven at the highest temperature for 25 minutes and then bake the bread for 15 minutes at that temperature. After that time, lower the temperature to 200 ° C and wait for it to brown.
Accompanying tips: this bread can be served with jellies and also accompany omelets. It is not recommended to toast it, because its differential is the “fluffy” texture that yogurt provides.
4. Brown egg bread
Recipe for whole grain bread extremely rich in fiber! The egg is considered a superfood and is a source of protein, in addition to strengthening bones, hair and benefiting the skin. In this recipe, it complements the powers of whole wheat flour and makes the recipe much more nutritious for our body.
– 02 cups of white wheat flour;
– 02 and 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour;
– 150ml of warm water;
– 02 tablespoons of sugar (preferably brown or demerara);
– 04 eggs;
– 2 beaten eggs to brush.
– Put the flours, yeast, sugar, and salt in a bowl and mix;
– Make a hole in the middle and add the eggs, warm water, and oil;
– With a wooden spoon or with your fingertips, mix the ingredients until the dough is homogeneous (without sticking to your hands);
– On a floured bench, place the dough and knead it for about 15 minutes;
– Then put it back in the bowl, cover with a cloth and let rise for 1 hour and 30 minutes (until the dough doubles in volume);
– Put the dough back on the bench and knead to eliminate air bubbles;
– Shape the bread and let it rest again until it doubles in volume;
– Before taking it to bake, brush the dough with the beaten egg and make some cuts in it;
– Take the bread to bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for approximately 35 minutes;
Accompanying tips: ideal to be consumed with salty pastes and to accompany soups and creams.
5. Brown carrot and honey bread
Recipe to surprise friends and relatives for breakfast! This bread is very tasty and can boost your immunity! Carrots are rich in an antioxidant called beta carotene and are extremely rich in fiber, minerals, and several vitamins. Honey, as already mentioned, increases the immune system and also acts as an antiseptic.
– 150g of grated carrots (approximately 3 small carrots);
– 300ml of warm water;
– 03 cups of whole wheat flour tea;
– 02 and 1/2 cups of wheat flour tea;
– 03 tablespoons of honey;
– 02 tablespoons of melted butter;
– 01 coffee spoon of salt;
– 01 coffee spoon of dry biological yeast;
– 01 egg.
– Beat the carrot with the water in a blender and strain well, until extracting 300ml of juice;
– In a large container, place the whole flour and yeast and mix well. Make a hole in the center;
– Add carrot juice, honey, melted butter, and egg;
– Mix the ingredients with your fingertips, add the salt and gradually add the wheat flour, as needed;
– Once the dough is homogeneous and is not sticking to your hands, take it to a floured bench and knead for 15 minutes;
– Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a dishtowel and let it rest until the volume is doubled;
– After that, place the dough on the bench once more and knead it to eliminate air bubbles;
– Shape the bread according to your taste, place it in a greased pan and let it rest for another 40 minutes;
– Sprinkle flour in the dough, when rested, and make cuts on the surface;
– Bake in an oven preheated to 200 ° C for about 35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
Accompanying tips: perfect bread to be eaten with butter or turkey breast and white cheese!
Between a recipe for homemade bread and another, there are variations of preparation that you should know: the whole homemade bread without dusting and the whole homemade bread from a blender. So that it is not necessary to knead the dough, it needs to rest for approximately 24 hours. To make it in a blender, just beat all the liquid ingredients in it and mix them dry, in a container. After that, follow the recipe steps as usual.
Note: to find out if the bread is baked, remove it from the oven and tap the bottom. If it is “hollow”, it is ready!
Enjoy the wholemeal bread recipes we list here and have a good appetite!