Coffee Affogato. The best coffee, the best service! We're the leading coffee subscription in the Bay Area. Want to know what the best coffee tastes like?
Some variations also include a shot of amaretto, Bicerin, or other liqueur. Though restaurants and cafes in Italy categorize the affogato as a dessert, some restaurants and cafes outside Italy categorise it. Get Affogato Recipe from Food Network. You can cook Coffee Affogato using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee Affogato
- Prepare of Coffee Jelly.
- Prepare 600 g of Strong Hot Coffee.
- Prepare 15 g of Gelatin Powder.
- Prepare 45 g of Cold Water.
- Prepare of Vanilla Ice Cream.
- You need of Caramel Ice Cream.
- You need of Roasted Almonds.
- You need of Espresso (or Strong Coffee).
- Prepare of Chocolate Syrup (or Caramel Sauce).
Chill the dessert glass or mug. Make sure the gelato or ice cream is very cold. Brew the espresso just before serving. Either pour the espresso over the ice cream and serve immediately, or serve the espresso on the side and let your guests pour it on themselves.
Coffee Affogato instructions
- Coffee Jelly.
- Prepare a square cake pan or casserole dish..
- Pour the cold water into the gelatin powder and stir well. Store in the fridge until ready to use..
- Brew the hot coffee. You can make it quite thick to get a stronger coffee flavour..
- Add the sugar to the hot coffee and stir..
- Microwave the gelatin mixture to melt. Pour the melted gelatin into the hot coffee solution and stir well..
- Pour the coffee solution into the cake pan and keep in the fridge until solid..
- Cut into cubes..
- Place a scoop each of the vanilla ice cream and the caramel ice cream in the dish..
- Add the cubed coffee jelly..
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the ice cream..
- Decorate as you like..
- Brew the espresso (or strong coffee)..
- Pour the espresso over the ice cream..
Despite the dessert's simplicity, there are a couple of tips that can make you an affogato aficionado: For every scoop of ice cream, use about one ounce of hot espresso. With this Affogato recipe, this Italian dessert of cold, sweet ice cream and hot, roasty espresso is yours to enjoy at home. Whisk together ground coffee and cold water in a small bowl. Whisk, then strain through a funnel lined with a moistened paper towel into a bowl. Affogato is a delicious dessert perfect for hot summer days.