Mocha Angel Cake. Mix cake mix with cocoa in large glass or metal bowl at low speed until blended. Pour in coffee and mix at low speed until moistened. This chocolate mocha angel food cake is one of our favorite desserts.
We love the semi homemade shortcut of using a box mix for this recipe. Meanwhile, sift flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and espresso powder together three times; set aside in a bowl. For frosting, in a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in water; set aside. You can have Mocha Angel Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mocha Angel Cake
- You need of Cake.
- It's 1 box of Angel food cake mix.
- You need 1 tbsp of cocoa.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of cold coffee.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare 6 oz of Cool whip.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of cocoa.
- It's of Topping.
- Prepare 1 of Chocolate sprinkles.
In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Remove cake from oven; invert pan, and cool completely. Loosen cake from sides of pan, using a narrow metal spatula; remove from pan.
Mocha Angel Cake instructions
- In large bowl, mix cake mix, 1 tbsp cocoa, & coffee..
- Pour into ungreased angel food cake pan. Then bake & cool according to box directions..
- Remove from pan onto cake plate..
- In medium bowl, fold together cool whip, powdered sugar, & 2 tsp cocoa..
- Frost cake with cool whip mixture. Then sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles. Serve..
Run a thin knife between cake and pan rim. Slide thin knife between cake and pan bottom, and around tube to pan bottom. Invert cake onto a plate and lift out tube section. Drizzle mocha sauce onto top of cake, letting it run down the sides. Use an angel food cake cutter or serrated knife to cut slices.