German potatoes salad. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a boil, then add the potatoes and parsley. Crumble in half of the bacon.
Salt the water and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Crumble bacon; gently stir in bacon and potatoes. You can cook German potatoes salad using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German potatoes salad
- Prepare 4 of large bakers potatoes.
- You need 12 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of small diced onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 3 cups of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 Tbls of pepper.
Heat through, stirring lightly to coat potatoes. Peel potatoes, and place in a large pot with enough water to cover by several inches. Place potatoes in a large pot with the yellow onion and cover with cold water. Cook, on the grates of the grill, or on a burner, until tender.
German potatoes salad step by step
- Boil potatoes 40 minutes.
- Boil eggs 20 minutes(sprinkle salt liberally over the top of eggs) helps to remove shell later.
- Nice onion.
- Run cold water over potatoes and eggs to cool rapidly..
- Peel potatoes and chop, peel eggs and chop. Add together with onion, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper..
- Add more oil if needed. Potatoes will soak it up..
Drain, discard the onion, and cut the potatoes into. Traditional American potato salads use mayo as a base whereas German potato salads use vinegar and bacon drippings. Because American potato salads use mayo as a base, they are usually served cold. German potato salads, like this one, are served warm. Research contributed by Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor Authentic German Potato Salad This authentic German potato salad recipe came from Speck’s Restaurant, which was a famous eating establishment in St.