Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the macaroni and cook, stirring. Stir in the flour and cook until roux forms.Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese Introducing the definitive homemade mac and cheese for those who appreciate quality artisanship. Vermont Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, and Whole Milk Mozzarella melt together into rigatoni noodles for rich and creamy perfection. In a separate large pot over medium heat, make the roux by melting the butter and slowly whisking in the flour and onion. You can have Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese
- You need 2 cups of dry elbow noodles(~8oz).
- It's 2.5 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 2.5-3.0 Tbsp of AP Flour.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of (ea.) Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Nutmeg. 1/4 Tsp Cayenne.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Milk, plus 1/4 Cup Half & Half.
- You need 6 oz of grated smoked Gouda.
- It's 5 oz of grated Sharp Cheddar.
- It's 2 oz of grated Parmigiana.
- You need 1/4 Cup of seasoned bread crumbs.
Transfer the mac and cheese into a large aluminum foil pan. If you want some Gouda that'll really pack a punch and make for an extremely flavorful mac and cheese, leave your Gouda in the smoker for up to an hour. Now, I understand that not everyone has the time or ability to smoke their own cheese. It makes a great side dish for any get-togethers and occasions alike!
Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese instructions
- Cook the pasta in water until al dente. Drain.
- In the same pot used to boil the pasta, melt butter and whisk in the flour to make a roux (cook 2 mins).
- Slowly whisk in the milk mixture, stirring constantly. Cook 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. Add in all the spices. Add in the 3 kinds of cheese (retain some of the parmigiana for sprinkling on top later) and stir until incorporated/melted. Finally, add in the cooked pasta and stir until combined and fully incorporated.
- Pour everything into a greased 9x9 glass casserole dish. Sprinkle with some parmigiana and then bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 mins until bubbly and the top is slightly browned.
- Let rest for 10 mins, then serve and enjoy.
Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese This mac and cheese has the most amazing smoky flavor from the smoked Gouda cheese and is incredibly creamy. Molly's Kitchen has given an exciting, upscale twist to one of America's favorite comfort foods by combining al dente pasta with eight delicious kinds of cheese—Romano, parmesan, American, aged white cheddar, cream cheese, Fontina, cheddar, and either smoked Gouda or pepper jack—in a lightly battered, bite-size nugget of. Because we take the traditional baked macaroni and cheese recipe and infuse it with Niman Ranch's tender and juicy apple and gouda sausage, plus an extra serving of smoked gouda cheese, crumbled bacon added on top takes it to another level! O cut the richness of the cheese, accompany this comfort-food dish with a glass of Cabernet.