Extra Cheesy Mac & Cheese. In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in milk, salt, pepper, mustard, and nutmeg. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.One taste and you will be hooked. Whether eaten as a side or a main dish, this is a recipe you will want to make over and over. Three types of cheese give Super Creamy Mac and Cheese a whole lot of cheese flavor. You can cook Extra Cheesy Mac & Cheese using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Extra Cheesy Mac & Cheese
- Prepare 1 pound of mac.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- It's 8 tbsp of butter.
- You need 8 cubes of Velveeta cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of muenster cheese.
- You need 1 cup of mild cheese.
- You need of Salt & pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 cup of monterey jack cheese.
- It's 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 cups of half & half.
In a pot, melt the butter and mix in salt and pepper. Slowly add in the flour, stirring continuously. Gradually add the milk and stir the mixture until smooth. Add the cheese on a low heat and melt into the mixture.
Extra Cheesy Mac & Cheese step by step
- Crack two eggs in a bowl.
- Mix the eggs.
- Shred the muenster cheese, and shred the mild cheese.
- Shred the monterey jack cheese, and the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Boil the mac.
- Pour the eggs and the half & half over the cheeses.
- Cut the Velveeta cheese, and put it in the bowl with the other cheeses.
- Butter the baking pan.
- Put butter with the other cheeses.
- Drain the mac.
- Put the mac and cheeses in the baking pan together, and mix. Sprinkle salt and pepper on it.
- Let it melt.
- Pour in a bowl. Sprinkle some more pepper.
- Bake it at 375° for 30 min.
- Enjoy this cheesy meal!!!.
Depending on your mood, the cheese you use in macaroni and cheese can vary. Cheddar, fontina, gruyere, parmesan, and pecorino are all excellent options, but the combination of cheeses I go back to over and over again is a hearty amount of extra sharp white cheddar (I like Tilamook) and a smaller, but potent amount of pecorino-romano cheese. Combine cheese sauce with cooked pasta. Transfer half of the mac and cheese to a baking dish, sprinkle with more shredded cheese. Top with the rest of the mac and cheese, top with more shredded cheese.