Brad's easy sausage mac n' cheese. Brad's easy sausage mac n' cheese. Brad's easy sausage mac n' cheese. Box elbow macaroni•package of sausages, or beef franks. I used cheddarwurst•shredded cheddar cheese•shredded Monterey jack cheese•whole milk•butter•flour•Smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.I used cheddar wurst • shredded cheddar cheese • shredded Monterey jack cheese • whole milk • butter • flour • Smoked paprika, sal,t, and pepper to taste. Cook brats according to package directions. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Easy One-Pot Italian Sausage Mac & Cheese. You can cook Brad's easy sausage mac n' cheese using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's easy sausage mac n' cheese
- Prepare 16 oz of box elbow macaroni.
- It's 16 oz of a package of sausages or beef franks. I used cheddar wurst.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It's 2 cups of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- It's 4 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 4 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 4 tbs of flour.
- It would help if you had Smoked paprika, sal,t, and pepper to taste.
- It would help if you had Parmesan bread crumbs.
Brown sausage in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until lightly. Browned sausage and sliced tomatoes help make this creamy, delicious macaroni and cheese a hearty main dish.
Brad's easy sausage mac n' cheese instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prepare pasta as directed for al dente. You still want the pasta to have a bite when done. Immediately drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well. Place pasta back on empty pot it was cooked in.
- Meanwhile, slice sausages into rounds, 1/2 " thick. Set aside.
- Place milk in a saucepot and heat on low heat. Do not let it simmer or scald.
- In a deep wall frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. As soon as it's melted, add flour and mix well. Stir constantly until the flour mixture starts to brown and smell slightly nutty. This is your roux.
- Slowly add warm milk to the roux, a half cup at a time. Whisk constantly. Continue until all milk is incorporated. Make sure it all completely incorporates before adding more milk.
- Add half of each cheese into the sauce and constantly stir until melted in—season to taste. I made mine fairly smoky with the paprika. If the cheese sauce has thickened too much, bring it back with a little more milk. You want it nice and creamy because the pasta will thicken it in the oven.
- Mix the cheese sauce and the sausage into the pasta. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375. Add mixture to 2 greased 8x8 baking dishes. Mix the remaining cheese and top both casseroles. Top with parmesan bread crumbs. Bake 15-25 minutes. Until the top is golden brown and casserole is heated through. When done, rest for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
The flavorful casserole is made with pork sausage, chopped vegetables, and a homemade cheese sauce. Add the flour and salt to the sausage mixture, blending well. Continue to cook over low heat, constantly stirring, until the sauce has thickened. Transfer macaroni and sausage casserole mixture to the prepared casserole. It's topped with a buttered bread crumb topping and baked to perfection.