Home Made Katsu Sauce. In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, mustard powder, garlic powder, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, and garlic together in a bowl. DIRECTIONS In a bowl, stir together the ketchup, mustard powder, garlic powder, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and pineapple (optional).It's made using a mixture of fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, celery, carrots, apples, and prunes, a variety of spices, and condiments such as soy sauce and vinegar. The word tonkatsu actually means pork cutlet so the literal translation for tonkatsu sauce is pork cutlet sauce. Home Made Katsu Sauce is something which I have loved my entire life. You can cook Home Made Katsu Sauce using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Home Made Katsu Sauce
- Prepare Pre-Sauce Mix (mix well in a bowl).
- You need 3 Tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar.
- It's 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Corn Flour.
- It's of For Stir-Frying.
- You need 70 g of Onion (finely chopped).
- It's 70 g of Fuji Apples (finely chopped).
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. Here is how you can achieve that. The ingredients needed to make Home Made Katsu Sauce: Take Pre-Sauce Mix (mix well in a bowl) To make a quick & easy Tonkatsu sauce: Combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar in a small bowl & whisk well. Taste and adjust any seasonings to your liking.
Home Made Katsu Sauce instructions
- Heat 2 Tbsp of cooking oil until hot. Stir fry the onions u til it is fragrant and translucent. Then add the apples and caramelize them for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add in our pre-mixed sauce as well as water. Mix well and let the liquid reduce until your desired consistency.
The popular Tonkatsu Sauce brand is Bulldog (see below) which you can find in a Japanese or Asian supermarket. The main ingredients are Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and other seasonings. The taste is very unique, with tartness from the Worcestershire sauce, slightly salty and sweet at the same time. Katsu sauce can be purchased at Japanese or Asian stores, but you can also make homemade tonkatsu or katsu sauce. Tonkatsu is a Japanese dish that consists of a pork cutlet coated in Panko (Japanese bread crumbs) fried, then topped with Tonkatsu sauce.