Potato Salad. This pretty red potato salad has great flavor. Goes well with a summer barbeque, or anytime! For a tangy twist, try using plain fat-free yogurt in place of some or all of the sour cream.Pass the Potato Salad Potato Salad Recipes. A summertime staple and a must at any backyard barbecue, potato salad can be made any number of ways with the mix-ins of your choice. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise. You can cook Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Salad
- You need 6 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of hard boiled eggs (optional).
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion (red,white,yellow,sweet, your choice).
- It's 1 teaspoon of celery seed.
- You need 1 cup of salad dressing (such as Miracle whip).
- It's 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 teaspoons of prepared yellow mustard.
- You need of You can add more of these last four ingredients to suit your taste.
While the potatoes are still warm, pour enough dressing over them to moisten. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onion and relish. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, celery seed and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
Potato Salad instructions
- Scrub, peel and cut your potatoes into decent sized chunks..
- Add potatoes to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a gentle boil. Boil until just tender,about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Let cool..
- Chop onion, place in a mixing bowl, add salad dressing, milk, sugar and mustard. (you may want to leave out the sugar on first round and add it to taste). Stir, taste, adjust to your liking..
- If you are using the hard boiled eggs chop them up and add to the creamed mixture..
- Add creamed mixture to the cooled potatoes. Gently fold to coat the potatoes. Cover and refrigerate..
In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season generously with salt. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. There are potato salads made with red potatoes, russet potatoes, and sweet potatoes. There are potato salads with a mustard base…with a mayonnaise base…or with an oil and vinegar base. There are potato salads with herbs, with onions, with water chestnuts, with bacon.