Quick Mexican Shrimp Cocktail. Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Stir garlic, red onion, and cilantro. Mix in tomato and clam juice cocktail, ketchup, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and horseradish.Gently mix until ingredients are well combined. Meanwhile, toss shrimp, roma tomatoes, cucumber, celery, jalapeno, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined. In a small strainer, rinse the onion under cold water, then shake off the excess liquid, and add to the sauce. You can cook Quick Mexican Shrimp Cocktail using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- You need 1 jar of Food Cravings Salsa.
- Prepare 10 of large /12 medium/16 small cooked shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of ripe but firm diced avocado.
- It's 1 of jalapeno seeded and finely chopped.
- You need 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro.
- You need of Juice of 1 fresh lime.
- You need 2 of scallions chopped (white and green part).
Peel, dice and add the jicama; dice and add the cucumber. Reviews for: Photos of Mexican Shrimp Cocktail. Coctel de camarones, a classic Mexican shrimp cocktail with shrimp, tomatoes, hot sauce, celery, onion, cucumber and avocados. Sacramento can't decide if it wants to be hot or cool right now.
Quick Mexican Shrimp Cocktail step by step
- If large shrimp then cut into bite size pieces and combine with salsa and lime juice. Set in fridge while preparing other ingredients. Add avocado, cilantro, scallions, and jalapeno. Refrigerate for 30 minutes if possible but ok to eat now! Additional ingredients could be chopped cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and hot sauce Put in decorative glass and serve with saltines or chips. Great as an appetizer along with wedges or cheese quesadillas..
Quick & Easy Paella - Oven Baked Sausage & Shrimp Paella Recipe. For the Shrimp Cocktail: In a large bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients. Add the prepared vegetables, cilantro, and shrimp, and stir to combine. If you talk about shrimp cocktail with Europeans, they will think of shrimp cocktails with a mayonnaise based sauce. It's a very heavy type of shrimp cocktail and not comparable with the amazing taste of the Mexican shrimp cocktail.