Chicken katsu. Created in Japan but loved worldwide, chicken katsu is a simple breaded and fried chicken cutlet, served with a sweet katsu sauce. (Here we include instructions for a homemade sauce, but you can. Katsu, a popular Japanese comfort food of breaded cutlets, is commonly made with chicken or pork. For this chicken version, boneless chicken breasts are pounded thin, dredged in flour, egg and.How Is Chicken Katsu Typically Served? In Hawaii, this dish of crunchy fried chicken cutlets with a tangy sauce often comes as part of a plate lunch with a scoop each of steamed rice and potato salad. You can serve it the same way to. You can have Chicken katsu using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken katsu
- You need of Chicken.
- Prepare 4 of Japanese perilla.
- You need 1 of sliced cheese.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- It's 30 g of Flour.
- You need 50 g of bread crumbs.
Chicken katsu is a Japanese dish that is also known as panko chicken or tori katsu. Think of it as Japanese-style fried chicken. The seasoned chicken is coated with panko breadcrumbs that are so light and crispy when cooked. You get a satisfying crunch and then a taste of moist and juicy chicken.
Chicken katsu step by step
- Cut chicken into half..
- Season chicken with salt and pepper..
- Put sliced cheese and Japanese perilla on the middle of the chicken..
- Break eggs in a plate. Soak checkin in the egg..
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on the both side of the chicken..
- Fry chicken in the pan until golden brown..
Chicken Katsu is Japanese fried chicken cutlet with bread crumbs or panko. Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! This results in a slightly undercooked interior and medium-brown exterior. To Make Chicken Katsu Season the chicken tender with salt and pepper.