Traeger Smoked Mac and Cheese. Say goodbye to the blue box and hello to triple smokin' cheesy goodness. Cream cheese, gouda, and cheddar cheese come together like the Three Amigos for a creamy dish that'll leave your taste buds smokin'. Say goodbye to the blue box and hello to triple smokin' cheesy goodness.Traeger Smoked Mac and Cheese This recipe is nothing like boxed mac and cheese. Smoked Macaroni and Cheese absorb every whit of hardwood smoke flavor, making a unique, smoky Mac that Wisconsin can only create if they have their own Traeger grill. Go on and get some before we devour it all. You can cook Traeger Smoked Mac and Cheese using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Traeger Smoked Mac and Cheese
- It's of Noodles - I used medium shells.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 lb of brie cheese.
- It's 8 oz of medium cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need Heavy whipping cream.
- It's of Spices - Salt, pepper, garlic, and nutmeg.
You have tender pasta, tons and tons of cheese, smoky flavors with a slightly crunchy topping for the perfect texture. We grill year-round, and it always amazes me when people assume grilling is meant for the summer months. Remove from grill and set aside. It is so simple to make.
Traeger Smoked Mac and Cheese instructions
- To begin, prepare your cheese. Cut as much of the Brie rind as possible. Block cheddar usually yields a smoother taste, but I used a bag of Shredded medium cheese. Cut your cream cheese and butter into cubes.
- Add all your cheese and butter to a medium pot. On low-medium heat, melt your cheese. Once you have started your cheese, begin preparing your noodles according to the package instructions. Start your smoker to 180°.
- Once your cheese is almost completely melted, add in your heavy whipping cream, I used about 1/2 cup. You don't want it to be super thick, as the smoker will condense it down slightly. Whisk everything together until it's nice and smooth...
- Now that everything is combined, add your salt, pepper, garlic (I used a good amount since I love garlic), and just a dash of nutmeg. Use salt and pepper to your taste preference. Drain your noodles, and combine everything in a pan of your choice. I used a 9×9. I ended up leaving out some of the noodles as you want all your noodles to be well covered with excess sauce.
- Place your Mac and cheese in the middle of your Traeger. I used apple pellets and used my super smoker settings for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the dish. Heat the Traeger to 350° once it is up to temperature, cook covered with foil for 15-20 minutes.
If you love mac and cheese, you will love this! Use smoked cheddar, smoked gouda, bacon! Smoke the dry macaroni along with the sauce, then boil, assemble in an iron skillet and bake in the Traeger. I make extra and vac seal some for later! When you make this smoked bacon ranch mac and cheese, you get a rich and creamy mac and cheese. Please LIKE, SHARE.