Coffee and Orange cake. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice and zest.
As seen on her BBC series, Nadiya's Family Favourites. Crumbly cake, sweet, rich goodness, and a reason to sit down and gab over a cup of coffee: such is the magic that is coffee cake. While everyone has their favorite coffee cake recipe, we never turn down a new, easy recipe when it comes our way. You can cook Coffee and Orange cake using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee and Orange cake
- It's 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 225 grams of Self-raising flour.
- It's 225 grams of Butter (margarine is just as good).
- Prepare 300 grams of Caster (or brown) sugar.
- It's 10 grams of Dark coffee.
- Prepare 1 of Zest of 5 orange's.
- Prepare 1 of Juice of 1 orange.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
A good coffee cake recipe is like an old friend-you'll be happy to meet up again and again. The glaze, too, is orangey, buttery good, and makes the cake all shiny and beautiful. I used a tube pan, but used the "bottom" of the cake for the top as I liked the imperfect and crackly look of it. This is just one outstanding, delicious and beautiful orange--yes ORANGE--cake.
Coffee and Orange cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F Celsius.
- Sieve in the flour to the sugar in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the egg and butter..
- Melt your coffee in a little bit of boiling water and tip in..
- Squeeze in your orange and orange zest.
- Tip in your baking powder.
- Whisk together with an electric whisk, wooden spoon or your hands until a smooth, buttery dough forms..
- If your mixture seems a bit watery, add some more flour BUT balance it out with some sugar.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and VOILA!!!!!.
- Top with whatever you like, including strawberries, a variety of nuts or leave it plain.
- Tuck in!!.
In a bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. I love coffee cakes of all kinds and always have, but I really love the unique flavor here. In a small bowl, stir oats and orange juice until softened; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.