This chocolate zucchini bread is so moist and tasty that you will have to remind yourself that there are vegetables. Go to the easy and moist chocolate zucchini bread recipe or read on for our tips for making it.Easy and Moist Zucchini and Chocolate Bread Recipe
I love to make quick bread: they are easy to prepare and quick to prepare. This chocolate zucchini bread is no different. You should be able to put the bread in the oven in about 15 minutes.
A food processor with the grater attachment makes zucchini run fast. A manual grater also works well. The grid goes fast.Easy and Moist Zucchini and Chocolate Bread Recipe
If you take a look at the recipe below, you will see that we order instant coffee or espresso powder. You could say this is one of our secret weapons when it comes to anything chocolate. Baked bread will not taste like coffee. Instead, instant coffee makes it taste like rich chocolate, more than if we left it out. Any instant coffee will work, but if you want the best, use espresso powder. King Arthur Flour makes one that receives rave reviews.
Easy and moist zucchini and chocolate bread recipe
- PREP 15mins
- COOK 55 minutes
- TOTAL 1 hour 10 minutes
A food processor with the rack attachment does the zucchini a quick job, but it really doesn't take long to grate it by hand. To make this double chocolate zucchini bread, add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.
Makes 1 loaf of bread or 10 slices
- 1 1/2 cups grated raw zucchini
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, we use Ghirardelli
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder or 1/2 teaspoon of espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
Step by Step
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 9-by-5-inch bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, then set aside. In large bowl, using hand mixer, beat together oil, sugars, eggs, instant coffee, and vanilla until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Stir the grated zucchini into the dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in two batches, stirring between each addition. Add the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the pan and smooth the top. Bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- When the bread is ready, cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Turn the bread off on the rack to finish cooling.
Adam and Joanne's advice
- Previous tip: the bread can be wrapped and frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and allow to reach room temperature before serving.
- Baking Tip: Place pan on an insulated baking sheet or on top of two baking sheets stacked on top of each other. This helps even bake and makes it easier to get in and out of the bread pan.
- Nutrition Facts: The nutrition facts provided below are estimates. We have used the USDA Supertracker recipe calculator to calculate approximate values. We include 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in the calculations.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag it #RecetasLatinas - We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
Nutrition per serving: Serving size 1 slice / Calories 276 / Protein 4 g / Carbohydrate 35 g / Dietary fiber 2 g / Total sugars 22 g / Total fat 15 g / Saturated fat 4 g / Cholesterol 37 mg