Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies. Chewy, double chocolate cookies with a hint of coffee flavor. Mocha Cookies are bite-sized soft and chewy espresso chocolate chip cookies coated in cocoa powder and dusted with a snowfall of powdered sugar. Jazz up your chocolate chip cookie recipe with a little mocha flavor!
Ok….they'd have a hard time cause I can't live without either. Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, cream together margarine and sugar until smooth. You can cook Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 16 oz of semi-sweet or 60% dark chocolate chips.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tsp of instant coffee granules or espresso powder.
- You need 1 1/4 stick of unsalted butter, softened but still cool.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granualted sugar.
Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies step by step
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Take out butter to soften..
- Melt chocolate in medium heat-proof bowl set over a pan of almost simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat..
- In small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla lightly with a fork. Sprinkle coffee granules and set aside while they dissolve..
- Beat the butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy, ~ 10 seconds. beat in sugars until combined, ~ 45 seconds. The mixture will look granular..
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in the egg mixture, ~ 45 seconds..
- Pour in the melted chocolate in a steady stream and beat until combined, ~ 45 seconds..
- Scrape bowl with rubber spatula..
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients and mix until JUST combined. Do not over-beat! Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or until dough has scoopable, fudge-like consistency..
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Place 1 3/4 inch balls of dough on the baking sheets, about 1.5 inches apart..
- Bake until edges have just begun to set but centers are still very soft, ~ 10 minutes. Rotate the sheets halfway through baking time..
- Let cookies cool on the sheets for 10 minutes. They will finish baking on the sheets..
- Carefully move cookies to wire racks..
Beat in egg, coffee, and melted chocolate. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; mix into batter. These espresso cookies have such incredible flavor. Of course, coffee and chocolate are a match made in heaven! This tender, dark chocolate cookie is flavored with espresso powder and flecked with chocolate chips—it's kinda like your favorite mocha chip frappucino, but in cookie form.