Cold-Brewed Coffee Concentrate. Get groceries today with Drive Up, Pick Up or Same Day Delivery. Add cream and a little sweetener, if desired. Add cream and a little sweetener, if desired.
Stir gently to be sure all grounds are moistened. Cover with a layer of cheese-cloth. The OXO cold brew coffee concentrate maker is designed so that the cold brew coffee concentrate is filtered out by dripping through the bottom of the cold brew maker at the flip of a switch. You can have Cold-Brewed Coffee Concentrate using 2 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cold-Brewed Coffee Concentrate
- Prepare 2 cup of coarsely ground coffee.
- You need 8 cup of cool water.
In other words, you don't have to touch the coffee concentrate or wet coffee grounds during the brewing process. Even better, making a pot of coffee for a crowd of people with this method is literally as easy as boiling water. "Coffee brewed slowly in cold water is less acidic than hot brewed. You can use this concentrate straight over ice or microwave half a mug coffee and then add a half cup of boiling water for quick hot coffee. Develop your own ratio of coffee to water for your custom brew." Cold-brewed coffee is made of the same stuff as its hot counterpart — water and ground coffee beans — and in much the same way.
Cold-Brewed Coffee Concentrate instructions
- Pour coffee into large container (with lid), add cool water, & stir until thoroughly combined. Cover & let sit at room temp for 12 hours..
- Place a fine mesh strainer over another large container. Line strainer with 2 layers of cheesecloth. Slowly pour coffee into empty container. Press any excess water through strainer. Discard grounds & refrigerate coffee concentrate in sealed container for up to 2 weeks..
- Add your favorite creamer, milk, half and half, or condensed milk & water to your own liking :).
Brewing coffee comes down to the shifting and dynamic between seven elements; coffee-to-water ratio, water quality, coffee beans, grind setting, agitation, time and temperature. Cover the coffee with a slow and steady stream of cold, filtered water, stirring the mixture to ensure moisture. Strain coffee through a fine mesh sieve, then once or twice through a coffee filter for the smoothest possible drink. Certainly not your average cup of joe, we guarantee this robust New Orleans-style, cold-brew coffee concentrate will liven up your morning routine. We love the earthy chicory root notes in this super smooth brew.