Light (or Dark) Beer Cupcakes!.
You can have Light (or Dark) Beer Cupcakes! using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Light (or Dark) Beer Cupcakes!
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all purpose or cake flour.
- It's 3/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- It's of Wet Ingredients.
- You need 12 oz of light (or dark) beer.
- It's 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's 1/2 cup of oil or applesauce.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It's of The Icing.
- It's 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 4 cup of icing or confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 of Beer (or white sweet wine).
- Prepare 2 tsp of red food dye (or cocoa powder).
Light (or Dark) Beer Cupcakes! step by step
- Begin with the dry ingredients. Mix well together in one bowl..
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the eggs until very well beaten. Add in the milk, the vanilla extract, the buttermilk and the oil or applesauce (as a healthy alternative to oil)..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Do not mix excessively or the cupcakes will turn out chewier than they should be..
- Add to muffin tin. Should make 20-25 cupcakes.
- Pop into the oven at 350°F for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- For the icing, mix the room temperature butter with the room temperature cream cheese until it becomes a smooth mixture..
- Add the pinch of salt and ensure the icing sugar is well sifted before adding to the butter mixture.
- Choose between adding the red food colouring, or the cocoa powder to make a light pink frosting or a light chocolatey type to compliment the beer cupcakes..
- Add a small taste of beer or sweet wine to the frosting mix without making it too thin..
- When the cupcakes are finished, wait until they mostly cool before frosting..
- For a Valentine's Day theme, drop one conversation heart candy on each cupcake if frosted with pink frosting. For the chocolate, richer cupcake, sprinkle cocoa powder on the frosting to finish.