How to Cook Tilapia in Oven - Blackened tilapia is a wonderful dinner, or you can use it for some super fish tacos. When it is bursting with pungent goodness, its heat tolerance is adjustable. A quick and easy recipe that is much healthier than frying.
I wanted to make a blackened tilapia oven for a while. I had 5 or 6 recipes saved in my file with January 1-year-old. I looked at Paula Deen, but a lot of tomes and no pepper. It didn't seem right.How to Cook Tilapia in Oven
I ended up with a prescription from Aaron Macorgo Jr. (Food Networks "Gran Papi "). This man can cook and is a joy to see, highly recommended.
The big change was going to fry frying pan for the oven. This wasn't so hard. Just season and cook with a little oil, including a PAM light spray, so the upper part is not dry.
I just made some changes to the condiment. I use Spanish Paprika instead of smoked. I like the taste better. I cut the cayenne pepper a little bit. It was fair to my wife and to me. The whole teaspoon would have been too much for me.
Blackened tilapia is a wonderful dinner, or you can use it for some super fish tacos. When it is full of pungent goodness, its heat tolerance is adjustable. A quick and easy recipe that is much healthier than frying.
- 1 lb. tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of a tome
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Simple tartar sauce
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet sauce pickles
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered onion
- Preheat the oven to 425 convection.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon onion powder, a teaspoon of black pepper, 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of dry Tome, a teaspoon of oregano and 1/2 powder. Garlic Spoon
- This does more than you need and saves it for another baking. The heat level of Cayenne will be 9/10 to 1 teaspoon, 7/10 to 1/2 teaspoon and 3-4/10 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Align a plate with a sheet and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Brush on a leaf in an area that will have fish.
- Rinse and dry 1 lb of tilapia. Brush with olive oil. Cover the fillets with spices and rub on both sides. Use only about 1/3-1/2 of what you mixed. Save the rest for another baking.
- Place in lubricated frying pan and give a slight spray of PAM. Put in the preheated oven.
- If you want a homemade tartar sauce, combine 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of sweet vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder. Mix well.
- Cook until well brown and weird. It's about 10 minutes to big round and a minute or two less for a small and medium round.
- The spice mix does more than you need. You only need 1/3 to 1/2 of the mixture for a kilo of fish. Save the rest for another baking.
- The heat level of Cayenne will be 9/10 to 1 teaspoon, 7/10 to 1/2 teaspoon and 3-4/10 to 1/4 teaspoon. Or jump if you want.
- Nutritional information does not include tarter sauce. ________________________________
All nutritional information is estimates and may vary from actual results. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. To taste ingredients like salt will be my estimation of the average used.
If you like this recipe or find it useful, the pleasure of a good rating of 4 or 5 would be greatly appreciated. The ranking is done by clicking on the stars above.