We know that this wave of cupcakes started as a fashion, which has made us smile on many occasions … and the best thing is that they are here to stay! Today cupcakes have been seen on birthdays with various colors and textures, as well as in cafes ready to brighten up an afternoon among friends, these small and delicious sweets full of color are the must-haves in every social event. Here we will tell you how to decorate cupcakes with different techniques, take note!
Have you ever wondered what are cupcakes?
When you search the internet you find out that a cupcake is like a mini cake, also made in a mold like a cake, only that of muffins, for this reason there is some confusion between muffins, cupcakes, and muffins.
How to Decorate Cupcakes in a Simple Way?
Currently there are different ways to decorate a cupcake, the most common are those decorated with frosting or buttercream mmmm! A little color can be added to these creams with artificial coloring suitable for human consumption, as is also the decoration with fondant, which is capable of capturing the figure you want and that also tastes delicious, among so many techniques. on how to decorate a cupcake we fall short, for this reason, we will show you some, let\’s get to work!
Types of nozzles to make cupcakes
Before knowing some techniques, it is important that you know how essential the use of nozzles can be, since you can introduce the creams into a sleeve in order to create with these nozzles a large number of shapes such as leaves, flowers, lines, among many more.
How Decorate Cupcakes With Fondant
The fondant is very well known as a total sugar paste that molds to the figures you want most easily, with it you can decorate cakes and cupcakes, there are two ways in which you can obtain it, one is by buying it in a pastry shop and the other is doing it yourself from home.
What you should know when working with fondant
To decorate fondant cupcakes you must have the following:
- White fondant.
- Dye to paint the fondant (there are a variety of colors on the market).
- 1 rolling pin to flatten the fondant or dough.
- Some fun cutters, but the one you shouldn\’t miss is a circle-shaped one.
- Butter, jam or buttercream (this will serve to adhere the fondant to your cupcakes)
- 1 brush and a little water (wet the brush before taking the butter, then spread it on your cupcake and place the fondant so that it sticks).
How do I apply the dye to the fondant?
This technique is very simple, just by applying a little gel dye to the dough and kneading until the tone shows uniform … it is enough, however if you have liquid dye, this can be applied with the help of a direct knife to the dough and proceed to knead, but there is something you should know! Use gloves to knead, if it is with liquid coloring, since if you do not you could stain your hands and leave them stained for several days.
What to do if my fondant dough is sticky?
You have 2 options, one is to put a little icing sugar on the dough so that it dries out a bit, another option is to spread some special pastry fat on both hands and knead the fondant with them until it is as you wish.
How do I place the fondant on a cupcake without it slipping?
Previously we mentioned some ingredients that can make the fondant stick to the cupcake, those are; butter, jam, buttercream or a similar one. Just add a little to the fondant, leaving a smooth, lump-free surface to receive the fondant so it can stick without fear of slipping.
Is it possible to paste fondant on fondant?
Of course! It is very easy, you only need water and a brush. With the help of a brush, spread a little water between both layers of fondant and they will be glued together without slipping.
Decorate Cupcakes With Chocolate Frosting
Decorating cupcakes with chocolate frosting is super delicious because just writing this made our mouths water! To make it you will need: milk, butter, cocoa powder, and icing sugar, mix everything until you get a homogeneous mixture and it will be ready to decorate your cupcakes.
Tips for decorating with chocolate frosting
- Look very carefully at the design you want for your cupcakes, a pattern, or image.
- If you got creative and have a variety of frosting colors, separate them by color in different bowls, this will make it easier for you when creating mixes.
- Look at the nozzles that you plan to use and determine what each one is going to represent, for example, if you have in mind to make a rose or a flower, choose a nozzle for the petals, another for the green leaves or for any detail that they have specific.
- Before decorating your cupcake, practice on a plate the figure you have in mind.
- Once you have everything ready, then transfer the mixture into each pastry bag with the nozzle you have previously chosen for your design.
The best of these techniques is that when decorating a cupcake with frosting or buttercream, these will remain intact for 1 week in the fridge since these protect the cupcakes from excessive moisture loss and if they contain sugar, they will be perfectly preserved.