Coffee is an irreplaceable habit for many Brazilians. But, on the other side of the game, there are a lot of people out there who would love to indulge in a cup of it after lunch or during those breaks from work to be able to get away from sleep. But the acidity of the drink ends up driving people with a sensitive stomach away: And there are also a lot of people who don’t get along with caffeine. And there are even more people who are always interested in new flavors 🙂
Well, if any of these is your case, we are here to help :-D! Were you curious about how to operate this miracle? So, we teach you how to prepare cold-extracted coffee!
- 1 cup of coffee beans (80g) or 1 cup (80g) of coarse coffee powder *
- 4 cups of water
* We weighed the 2 (grain and ground), and contrary to what we expected, the weight is exactly the same.
♥ ︎ You can use other quantities, as long as you respect the 1: 4 ratio
- powerful blender (for grinding the grain)
- cup, mug or glass jar with a lid (or use plastic wrap to cover)
- To make Cold Brew Coffee, the contact of coffee with water is prolonged, so you will have a much more balanced taste if you have a coarser coffee powder. You can buy the coffee already ground like this (look for one for “French press”), or you can make it at home with the coffee bean.Using the powerful blender, grind the coffee beans until they become almost powder, look at how it should look:
- Pour the coffee powder into the container with a lid and add the water. Mix well.
- Leave everything covered for 12h at room temperature.
- After 12 hours, strain the mixture – to separate once and for all what has not been mixed with water. Your less acidic coffee is ready to be served the way you like it best: hot, cold, with milk, pure, with cream … 🙂
The cream we used was the aquafaba whipped cream (vegan) 🙂
Yield: 4 cups
Preparation time: 15min wait (12h)