Mocha Quick Bread. See great recipes for Mocha Quick Bread, Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes too! This Mocha Chocolate Chip Bread will quickly become a favorite! Moist and light with a hint of coffee and a healthy dose of chocolate.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, coffee granules, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and butter until smooth. I've heard that climbing Mount Everest is pretty hard. You can cook Mocha Quick Bread using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mocha Quick Bread
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of instant coffee or espresso powder.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of instant coffee or espresso powder.
We all have our version of that, the near-impossible summit that we can't reach, no matter how hard we try. For years, that was my grandmother's mocha bread. When I was little, I didn't like apple pie. Chalk it up to youthful foolishness.
Mocha Quick Bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides; coat well with cooking spray..
- Whisk together sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla..
- Separately, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, semi sweet chocolate chips, baking powder, salt, baking soda and instant coffee or espresso powder..
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients..
- Add batter to prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean..
- Let cool 1 hour, then remove the loaf from the pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely..
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk and instant coffee or espresso powder. Drizzle over warm bread..
So when my grandmother made the pie, she'd also make this bread. chocolate mocha quick bread. I solved the dilemma of whether to call it a cake loaf, or a loaf cake, by deciding on calling it a quick bread instead! Having said that, though, it really is more like a cake than a bread, I think. Coffee cake doesn't usually have coffee in it - but this easy to make Coffee Swirl Quick Bread could easily be termed a coffee cake because it makes coffee a featured flavor. The bread has both vanilla and coffee-flavored batters swirling together in one beautiful looking loaf.