Anyone who is used to white rice and has started eating brown rice can feel a lot of difference in flavor. But know that, yes, it is possible to prepare brown rice full of flavor! Today the TudoGostoso blog will give you all the tips on how to make tasty brown rice!
How To Make Yummy Brown Rice
The most important thing when preparing brown rice is to know that it does not cook as fast as white rice. In addition, it also requires a little more water to be well cooked. Therefore, if you are used to white rice, it is ideal that you take a little more time for brown rice to be ready.
Use and abuse of spices
Seasonings are essential to add flavor to recipes. In the case of brown rice, unleash your creativity. Garlic and onion will certainly give you a little more taste, but how about a little cumin, green-scented, and even paprika?
Try adding vegetables
That's right! Broccoli, carrots, and beets are examples of vegetables that will add a special touch to your dish.
Don't you feel safe and prefer to follow a prescription? No problem: TudoGostoso is here for that! Check out the recipe for delicious colored brown rice below.How to Make Tasty Brown Rice
- 1 cup (tea) of brown rice
- 3 cups (tea) of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 grated raw carrots
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of
- Salt oil to taste
- Chop the onion and garlic well and set aside.
- Grate the carrots and set them aside.
- Heat a pan with the oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Sauté over medium heat until they are lightly browned.
- Add the carrot and rice and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the paprika and salt and mix well.
- Pour the boiling water, stir well and cover the pan.
- Cook until the water has dried completely.
You can also prepare this rice in the pressure cooker: to do this, cook for 10 minutes after you get pressure. See how easy it is to prepare tasty brown rice?