Easy herbed bread (modified from King Arthur Flour recipe). This bread, with its deep brown crust, rich, deep, flavor, and mild tang relies on ripe, active starter for its rise. Once you master that, move on to this loaf. This tangy, soft sandwich loaf recipe was originally developed for the bread machine; we've tweaked it here for those of you without a machine.
Naturally, this herbed garlic bread is great with pasta but have you tried it as a sandwich bread? This garlic bread gets its vibrant green color from butter mixed with chopped parsley. The spread is also great on steamed vegetables. You can have Easy herbed bread (modified from King Arthur Flour recipe) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy herbed bread (modified from King Arthur Flour recipe)
- You need 4 cups of bread flour + extra for dusting.
- You need 3 tsp of herbs de Provence.
- It's 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1.5 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of warm water.
- You need 1 of egg for eggwash, lightly beaten.
Herbed Flatbread Recipe photo by Taste of Home. I thought this recipe would end up being more like the traditional flatbread or Naan bread but its more like a softer cracker consistency. There are plenty of easy recipes for beginners, and they work up to triple-layer cakes that I would probably never attempt. I read this book just for fun to see what I might make next (next up is chewy chocolate chip cookies — I normally use a modified King Arthur white flour recipe so it will be.
Easy herbed bread (modified from King Arthur Flour recipe) step by step
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl and form a well in the center.
- Add 1.5 cups of warm water gradually and stir.
- Knead dough with hands, dusting with extra flour if dough is sticky until a soft smooth dough is formed.
- Rest the dough in a well greased bowl, covered with an oiled cling wrap for 1 hour in a warm place. Dough should be more than doubled in size by now..
- Remove dough and place on a flourboard/work surface lightly dusted with flour. Gently punch out air pockets and shape dough into a circle by folding and pinching dough..
- Place dough on a greased baking sheet and rest for another 30-45 minute for 2nd rise. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius in the meantime..
- Slice the top of the bread with decorative patterns using a sharp knife and brush surface of dough with eggwash. Bake in the oven for 30-35min until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Leave to cool for 30min before slicing..
- Serve warm with soups/olive oil or use it to make sandwiches. Voila! All done!.
- Note: dough will be a little sticky and soft. Dust with extra flour as needed..
This delicious recipe for herbed breadcrumbs is not only simple to make, it's also an great way to add a flavorful crust to countless dishes. Make sure they are fresh and unseasoned. Make them yourself from a good artisnal bread like a French baguette or Italian loaf. This Easy Herbed Focaccia Bread such a simple bread recipe to make, but the flavor is outstanding! Use it as a side or to build delicious sandwiches!