TL's Kahlua and coffee chocolate cake. So this past weekend the hubs and I went and looked at some houses. We've been considering moving within the area for a while now, but haven't found the right thing. This Kahlúa Coffee Chocolate Poke Cake is super moist cake infused with a luscious coffee and chocolate liqueur mixture.
Mix well with wooden spoon directly in the pan, do not over mix. NOTE: If you'd like a non-alcoholic version of this cake, I'd suggest referring to this chocolate cake. It's the one that was altered to make this cake and there are several changes that had to be made for the Kahlua cake. You can cook TL's Kahlua and coffee chocolate cake using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of TL's Kahlua and coffee chocolate cake
- Prepare 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 6 tbsp of baking cocoa.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 10 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It's 2 cup of cold brewed coffee.
- You need 1/2 cup of kahlua.
- Prepare 1 of for chocolate buttercream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cocoa.
- It's 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chocolate syrup.
- You need 1/4 cup of kahlua.
- It's 2 lb of powdered sugar.
You can use regular cocoa and coffee instead of water, like is used in this cake. Chocolate and coffee just go together, so we're using Kahlua coffee liqueur to make the ultimate moist chocolate cake…semi-homemade style! Make Ahead Cake Because of the simple syrup that soaks into this chocolate bundt cake, you may find you like it better served the next day. This Kahlua Coffee Chocolate Layer Cake is made with a moist chocolate Kahlua cake covered in Kahlua coffee frosting!
TL's Kahlua and coffee chocolate cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 pan. Add together the first 5 dry ingredients and pour into the greased pan..
- Make 3 wells into the dry mix. Two small wells and one large..
- In one small well place the vinegar, in the other small well add the vanilla and in the large well place the vegetable oil..
- Pour coffee and kahlua over entire mix. Mix well with wooden spoon directly in the pan, do not over mix. Place in oven for about 35/minutes..
- In mixer whip up the shortening and butter. Slowly add the remaining ingredients for the buttercream. Keep adding powered sugar until you reach the thickness you prefer. Cool cake completely and frost. Enjoy ;).
It's seriously so good - you won't want to share! As a loyal coffee drinker and a little love for alcohol, I will definitely bake this cake. It looks yummy and amazing- I will let you know what the outcome of the baking and verdict from my friends. Kahlua Coffee Chocolate Layer Cake - moist, soft chocolate cake with Kahlua coffee frosting! Bring sugar, water, and espresso powder to a boil in a small pot over med-high heat.