Spiced Toffee Apple Cupcakes.
You can cook Spiced Toffee Apple Cupcakes using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiced Toffee Apple Cupcakes
- Prepare 200 g of dates, roughly chopped.
- You need 250 g of butter, softened, plus extra for greasing.
- It's 200 ml of milk, plus a splash.
- You need 280 g of self-raising flour.
- You need 200 g of light soft brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mixed spice.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of small red apple.
- You need squeeze of lemon juice.
- It's handful of toffees.
- You need of little icing sugar, for dusting.
Spiced Toffee Apple Cupcakes instructions
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line cupcake tray with cases, I used 15 however it will be dependent on the size you are using. (If making a cake, grease and line a 20 x 30cm baking tray with baking parchment.).
- Put the dates and milk in a small pan and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside for 15 mins to cool..
- Whizz the date mixture to a smooth purée in a food processor or blender, then scrape into a large mixing bowl. Tip in the butter, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, eggs, mixed spice and vanilla, and set aside while you prepare the apples..
- Quarter and core the apples, then slice quite thinly, tossing in a little lemon juice as you go..
- Quickly beat together the cake ingredients with an electric whisk until smooth, then scrape into the cases (or tray for the cake).
- Arrange the apple slices, for cupcakes, two to three per cupcake. (For the cake: overlap the apple in rows, on top – you should be able to get 3 rows lengthways down the tray.).
- Bake for 20-30 mins until a skewer poked into the centre of one of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool in the tray. (If baking as one cake it will require at least 50-60mins).
- Put the toffees in a small pan with a good splash of milk and gently melt, stirring, until runny. To finish, dust with a little icing sugar, then drizzle sauce over the cakes..