With layers of sponge cake and raspberry ice-cream, this cake is the perfect lazy summer dessert.
The ingredient of Layered lamington ice-cream cake
- 1.5L raspberry ripple ice-cream (see notes)
- 460g pkt round double sponge cake, unfilled
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 185ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- 35g (1/2 cup) flaked coconut
The instruction of how to make Layered lamington ice-cream cake
- Spoon ice-cream into a large bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes or until softened slightly but not melted. Use a large serrated knife to carefully cut each cake in half horizontally. Line the plastic container lid from the sponge packaging or a deep, round 17cm (base measurement) cake pan with plastic wrap, allowing the edges to overhang.
- Place 1 cake layer in the prepared pan. Top with one-third of the ice-cream, pressing down with the back of a spoon to cover a cake. Make indentations in the ice-cream. Dot with one-third of the jam. Repeat with two more layers of cake, ice-cream, and jam. Top with remaining cake. Fold plastic wrap over top. Place cake in the freezer for 4 hours or until firm.
- Combine the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, in 1-minute bursts, stirring, until smooth. Set aside for 15 minutes or until cooled slightly.
- Carefully remove the cake from the pan and place on a serving plate. Spoon over ganache, allowing it to drip down the sides. Sprinkle with the coconut. Serve immediately.