Banana Bread. This banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of banana flavor! Friends and family love my recipe and say it's by far the best! Because it really is the best banana bread recipe, period.
Banana bread is a "quick" bread made of very ripe bananas, sugar, butter, eggs, flour, vanilla, and a leavener. Since it is a quick bread, it uses baking soda rather than a yeast to help the bread rise as it. Use overripe bananas to bake a classic banana bread with this easy recipe from Food Network. You can have Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- You need 220 g of softened butter.
- Prepare 300 g of sugar.
- It's 1 packet of vanilla sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 4 of very(!) ripe bananas, mashed with a fork.
- It's 375 g of flour.
- It's 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It's 250 ml of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 100 g of chocolate chips or coarsely chopped, bake-proof chocolate.
- It's 1 of Bundt- or Gugelhupf cake tin.
Recipe courtesy of Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger. Banana bread that will remind you of your mom's recipe or your grandma's recipe…but even better. This moist banana bread has an intense banana flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness. Delicious super moist healthy banana bread made with whole wheat flour, protein packed greek yogurt and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (upper and lower heat). Grease the cake tin..
- Mix the butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar using a hand mixer, until light and creamy. Mix until the sugar has dissolved, which takes about 5-7 min..
- Stir in one egg after the other. Mix until you get a smooth mixture..
- Add the mashed bananas. Don’t worry if the batter looks a little lumpy or strange, this is what it’s supposed to look like!.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl. Mix well..
- Add half of the flour mixture and all of the Greek yogurt to the batter. Mix. Lastly add the rest of the flour and the chocolate chips/chunks. Don’t overwork the batter by mixing too much..
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check the cake after 30 minutes; if the cake is browning too quickly, loosely place a sheet of aluminum foil on top of the cake. This will prevent the top of the cake to get too dark. Remove the foil towards the end of the baking time..
- Let the cake cool off completely in the cake tin. Then turn out the cake onto a cake platter..
Easy to make and perfect for brunch or snacking. Banana bread is a type of bread made from mashed bananas. It is often a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread; however there are some banana bread recipes that are traditional-style raised breads. The Best Banana Bread Recipes on Yummly Banana Bread, Vegan Banana Bread, Gluten-free Banana Bread.