Coffee Jello. Dissolve gelatin in the hot water in a small bowl. Pour gelatin mixture, coffee, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Pour coffee mixture into glasses for individual servings or a large pan for cubing.
Once common in British and American cookbooks, it now most common in Japan, where it can be found in most restaurants and convenience stores. Mix in hot coffee and water. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until the gelatin and sugar have completely dissolved. You can have Coffee Jello using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee Jello
- You need 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold water.
- It's 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 4 tsp of instant coffee crystals.
- You need 1/4 cup of hot water for coffee.
When firm, cut into squares and carefully place into clear glasses. Put gelatin and water in a medium-sized bowl and allow gelatin to soften for a few minutes. Add coffee and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
Coffee Jello step by step
- sprinkle gelatin into cold water to soften..
- add sugar, salt, and boiling water, stir until thoroughly dissolved..
- mix coffee crystal with the 1/4c. hot water until dissolved..
- add coffee mixture to the rest of the ingredients..
- chill in a mold until firm. enjoy!.
- I like mine cut into cubes and put into cold coffee or in milk. also great by itself!.
Cut into cubes and spoon into small dessert glasses. Cubes of jelly, flavored with coffee served in a thick, sweetened cream, this coffee jelly is definitely a crowd-pleaser and an excellent dessert for any occasion. I sometimes wonder how something that is is easy and simple can turn out soooo good. Take this coffee jelly dessert for an example. Coffee Jelly is a cold jellied dessert made throughout Japan from black coffee and gelatin.