Good Ole Country Dill Potato Salad. Great recipe for Good Ole Country Dill Potato Salad. You ain't gotta peel them neither just wash them and give them a little scrub. Place the potatoes and eggs in a large salad bowl, and sprinkle with dried dill.Add the celery, onions, dill and egg to the potatoes and toss to combine. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, celery seed, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour the dressing over the potato salad and toss to coat. You can cook Good Ole Country Dill Potato Salad using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Good Ole Country Dill Potato Salad
- Prepare 8 of medium - large red potatoes.
- It's 6 of boiled eggs.
- It's of Dill.
- It's of Salt.
- You need of Seasoned salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Dill pickle relish.
- You need of Mayo about 3 heaping Tbls.
- Prepare of Sour cream about 3 heaping Tbls.
- It's 1 Tbls of Creole mustard about.
- Prepare of Dill pickle chips (optional).
Transfer the potato salad to the refrigerator and chill for one hour or overnight. Creamy Dill Potato Salad is a fabulously delicious, but simple potato salad loaded with the flavor of fresh dill. The chunks of red potato are heavily covered in a sour cream-based dressing. I love all types of potato salad.
Good Ole Country Dill Potato Salad step by step
- Get a pot and place your clean eggs and cold water over them just enough to cover them add a bunch of salt and bring to a boil. When they are boiling turn off the heat and let sit on burner 10 minutes only.
- After eggs are done pour out boiling water and run cold water over them and fill pot with cold water and let them sit to cool.
- Get a big pot and boil some water. While it's boiling wash scrub and cut potatoes into cubes.
- Add potato cubes to the boiling water you'll want to add salt at this point.
- Cover it and let it SIMMER for approximately 10 minutes. I use a sharp knife to see if they are fork tender.
- When they are done pour out boiling water and potatoes through a colander and let them cool down some.
- While that is happening peel your eggs. Do this in the cooled down water they are sitting in they will peel easily.
- After you peel them chop them up. Look mine are perfect NO GRAY in the yolk.
- Now you want to add potato and egg together in a bowl and add Seasoned salt Black pepper Dill weed Dill pickle relish and stir gently with spatula.
- Now you want to mix your dressing. Add in a bowl mayo sour cream and creole mustard and whisk together.
- Add to salad mixture about 3 heaping Tablespoons should do it. Garnish with the Dill pickle chips and sprinkle a little more seasoned salt on top. Your done ✔.
- Cover with foil and chill in fridge for HOURS until cold. Mmmmm Enjoy.
This Southern Potato Salad is probably my favorite. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed, and green onions in a bowl and stir until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour mayo mixture over potatoes and toss to coat evenly. Dill Potato Salad This is so easy to and make serve immediately or whip it up ahead of time and store in the refrigerator, it's just as delicious!