Brad's chicken katsu. Great recipe for Brad's chicken katsu. I've been leaning towards quicker weeknight meals. I made the sauce, but if you prefer to buy it at the store, it cuts additional time. #worldonaplate Brad's chicken katsu instructions.Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. You can have Brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's chicken katsu
- Prepare of For the tonkatsu sauce.
- It's 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 tbs of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of mirin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of worchestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground mustard.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare of For the chicken.
- Prepare 2 lbs of chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips.
- You need of Prepared tempura batter.
See recipes for Brad's chicken katsu, Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) too. Join Chris Morocco in the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen as he makes spicy chicken katsu sandwiches. These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of ka. Brad's fried chicken with thai panang curry sauce.
Brad's chicken katsu step by step
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside..
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use..
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water..
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees..
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy..
Here is how you cook that. Food editor Claire Saffitz shares all of her secrets to making the crispiest, most flavorful fried. Pat the chicken breasts into the flour. Pick up a chicken breast and place it into the flour. Flip it over, and place it into the flour again to coat the back.