Cheesy Hokkaido cupcakes. Great recipe for Cheesy Hokkaido cupcakes. The cake tastes sweet & salty from cheese. This is quite a perfect combination which is preferred by most of the people.
It was so popular few years ago. Recently another cake from Taiwan so called Taiwanese old fashioned cheesy sponge cake台湾古早味芝士蛋糕 also very popular until i also joined the long Q to buy one to try it. After tasted it, i would said this cake is not deserve for the long Q. You can have Cheesy Hokkaido cupcakes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Hokkaido cupcakes
- Prepare 45 g of corn oil or vegetable oil.
- You need 80 g of fresh milk.
- You need 4 of egg yolks (65g *4).
- It's 90 g of cake flour.
- It's 4 of egg white (65g *4).
- You need 75 g of caster sugar.
- It's 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar (COT).
- It's 3 slices of Cheddar cheese, equal divide each slice to 4 pieces.
- Prepare 30 g of parmesan cheese powder.
No doubt it has nice egg aroma but the taste was quite plain, and it was deflate more than half the original height after few hrs. Anyway, i got the idea of how they adding cheese into the cake and turned this idea into this Cheesy Hokkaido cupcakes. Align the cupcake liners in the muffin tray. Separate the egg yolk from the egg white.
Cheesy Hokkaido cupcakes instructions
- Mix corn oil and milk together in a mixing bowl, place it over a double boiler, stir and warm the mixture (You can use microwave oven to warm it). Add in egg yolk into milk and oil mixture, one at a time, stir well. Sift in cake flour, stir to mix the mixture till smooth and no lumps..
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg white with COT until foamy, gradually add in sugar(3 batches), and continue to beat till the meringue reaches firm peak stage..
- Scoop about 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk batter at (1). Fold to mix. Pour the yolk batter back to the remaining meringue and fold to mix into a smooth batter..
- Scoop batter into paper liners to about ½ full, place a piece of cheddar cheese on top, then fill batter until almost full. Tap the cupcake lines to remove air bubbles, then sprinkle some parmesan cheese powder on top..
- Bake in preheat oven at 125C for 30mins then increase to 150C for 15mins. Every oven is difference, please adjust accordingly..
- Remove cupcakes from oven, lightly knock the cupcakes on table top and set aside to cool completely..
Beat the egg whites till the stiff peaks. It has been my to do list long time ago. I did a change of the filling. Cheesy Potato Pancakes Recipe - Mashed Potatoes Pancakes for Kids Lunch Box - Kitchen With Amna. I used the previous Banana walnut cake recipe for banana walnut muffins whereas the recipe of chocolate walnut muffin is stated below.