Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread. Cocoa powder and chocolate chips take this banana bread recipe to a whole new level. This easy quick bread is moist, tender, and a chocolate I am super excited to share this Chocolate Banana Bread recipe with you today. I have been testing the recipe for a few weeks and it is finally perfection.
The whole family loves this right out of the oven topped with a couple of pads of butter and paired with some steaming coffee. My daughter-in-law made this banana bread for me. This is my all time favorite version and I have tried many over the years. You can have Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature).
- You need 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 of large very ripe bananas (don't mash until ready to mix).
- It's 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
The chocolate put the bread positively off the charts. Add the bananas and stir until incorporated. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated with a spatula. Pour in the walnuts and chocolate chips and gently fold into mixture.
Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° & spray a glass 9×5 loaf pan with non stick spray..
- In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients except walnuts (flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa.) I sifted mine 3 times. This will ensure all your ingredients mix well and you won't overwork the batter..
- In a separate bowl use a hand mixer to blend all the wet ingredients until smooth (eggs, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar.) Set aside and mash your bananas with a fork (a few chunks are ok.) Once mashed combine bananas with the wet ingredients. Add the walnuts and give a quick stir..
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. I recommend doing this in batches. I did 4 batches, gently folding each with a spatula. Stir just enough to combine. You don't want to overwork the batter because it will result in a dense bread. Pour into prepared dish and place on center rack in oven..
- Bake at 350° for about an hour. Check for doneness by inserting a small knife or a wooden skewer into the center. It's done if it comes out clean. Ovens vary so cooking time may be a little different..
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 30 minutes. After that remove from pan and cool for another hour on a rack..
It's time to use up those frozen bananas and make the BEST banana bread ever. Banana bread recipe loaded with chunks of dark chocolate chopped walnuts. One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Add in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Vegan Chocolate Walnut Banana Muffins ilovevegan.com - These pillow-y soft, lightly spiced muffins are the perfect muffin to help us transition into Fall! #vegan #snack #soyfree #muffins.