Pan Seared T-Bone Steak. A half-hour before cooking, remove steak from refrigerator. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Pat steak dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
Pat steak dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet and when it begins to smoke add steak. Then the steak will be transferred and finished in the oven. You can cook Pan Seared T-Bone Steak using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pan Seared T-Bone Steak
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb. of T-Bone (steak).
Coat the bottom of your oven-safe, shallow roasting pan with a heavy coating of butter where your steaks will set. Butter will make the T-Bone juicier and flavorful. Remove steak from the skillet, place in the oven pan and insert into the preheated oven to finish cooking the T. Porterhouse, T-bone, ribeye, and New York strip will all work.
Pan Seared T-Bone Steak instructions
- Sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper to both sides of the steak..
- Drizzle the EVOO on a medium-high cast iron skillet. Make sure that you begin to see smoke and then place the steak on the skillet..
- Pre-set oven to 350°F and sizzle steak on medium-low for 4 minutes on each side. Place steak in oven for 6-8 minutes..
- (An instant-read thermometer inserted perpendicularly into the steak registers 125 degrees F for medium rare.).
Cooking the Best T Bone Steak on the Stove & Oven Cut the tenderloin and strip from the bone, and slice against the grain. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan or cast-iron skillet on the stove over high heat. You'll see wisps of smoke wafting from the oil when it's ready. Pat the T-bone dry with paper towels.