You can cook Ciabatta Bread using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ciabatta Bread
- It's of For The Sponge.
- You need of (1) Cup flour.
- It's of (1/8) Tsp yeast.
- It's of (1/2) Cup water.
- Prepare of For The Dough.
- It's of (2) Cups flour.
- Prepare of (1 1/2) Tsp salt.
- It's of (1/2) Tsp yeast.
- Prepare of (3/4) Cup water room temperature.
- You need of (1/4) Cup milk room temperature.
Ciabatta Bread instructions
- Make the Sponge. Combine sponge ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 8-12 hours..
- Make the Dough. Combine the Sponge and the dough ingredients in a mixer bowl. Mix with paddle attachment for 2 minutes on low. Continue mixing on medium for another 4 minutes..
- Change to Dough hook and knead for about 10 minutes..
- Transfer dough to a large bowl and and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes..
- Using a greased spatula, fold dough over into it self. By lifting and folding toward the center. Turn the bowl 90 degrees and fold again. Repeat this step 6 more times..
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes..
- Repeat the folding steps again. Cover and let rise again 30 minutes..
- Place baking stone on middle rack in oven. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Tare off 2 pieces of wax paper about 12 inches x 12 inches. Flour lightly. Turn dough on to a floured surface. Lightly dust the top with flour. Devide dough in half. With floured hands shape each loaf into about a 11x6 rectangle. Place each loaf on the wax paper. Lightly flour the tops. Gently cover them with plastic wrap. Let rise 30 minutes..
- Slide the wax paper with the loaves onto a pizza peel. Remove plastic wrap. Spray the loaves with water. Slide the loaves still on wax paper onto baking stone. In the first 5 minutes of baking spray the loaves 2 more times..
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes. Until brown..
- Transfer loaves to a wire cooling rack. Discarding the wax paper. Let cool 1 hour. Enjoy!.