Coffee Jelly Salad ?. Coffee jelly in Japan is made from sweetened coffee added to alga, a jelly made from algae and called kanten in Japanese. Commonly, the jelly is cut into cubes and served in a variety of ways. Sometimes, these cubes are added to milkshakes, or as garnish on ice cream sundaes.
It's a fun and delicious way to get your caffeine fix! In a heated saucepan, add water, instant coffee mix, white sugar and unflavored gelatin mix. Or when it turns to jelly like form. You can have Coffee Jelly Salad ? using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee Jelly Salad ?
- You need of Jellies.
- It's 6 tbsp of instant coffee (any brand would do).
- You need 2 tbsp of unflavored colorless powdered gelatin mix.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Prepare of Cream ~.
- It's 2 can of condensed milk.
- You need 1 packages of all-purpose cream.
- Prepare of Sago/Pearls.
- It's 2 cup of sago/pearls.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 1/2 gallon of Coffee Crumble Ice Cream or if none, use Vanilla Ice Cream.
Serve it with frozen whipped cream and chocolate sauce, although it's also delicious with ice cream, regular whipped cream, or flavored coffee cream! It can be served solid in glasses, or cubed in bowls. Cubes of jelly, flavored with coffee served in a thick, sweetened cream, this coffee jelly is definitely a crowd-pleaser and an excellent dessert for any occasion. I sometimes wonder how something that is is easy and simple can turn out soooo good.
Coffee Jelly Salad ? step by step
- Caramelize sago/pearls w/ brown sugar for 15min. set aside..
- In a heated saucepan, add water, instant coffee mix, white sugar and unflavored gelatin mix. Stir until gelatin mix dissolves. Pour in a square container and let it cool for 30 mins. Or when it turns to jelly like form..
- Mix all purpose cream and condensed milk in a bowl..
- Cut the jellies into cubes or small rectangles..
- In a bowl, add the sago/pearls and jelly cubes and cream. Mix well and top with ice cream! Enjoy! :)).
Take this coffee jelly dessert for an example. Coffee jelly is a popular Japanese dessert which is a coffee-flavored gelatin in a creamy coffee-flavored dairy base. My version is just as good, though somewhat different. Imagine our favorite dessert, the fruit salad : but instead of the canned fruit cocktail, I use the coffee gelatin. Refreshing chilled coffee jelly recipe topped with delightful whipped cream and coffee bean.