Mallorca Bread. Mallorca Bread- Homemade Sweet Bread Rolls with very little kneading required. Soft, fluffy, buttery and damn delicious! The Perfect dinner or breakfast roll for entertaining.
Apparently, Pan the Mallorca is a Puerto Rican specialty (though not exclusively), but now that I've tried it, it tastes quite a bit like what Cubans call Pan de Gloria (roughly, Heavenly Bread or Glory Bread). Mallorca Bread- Homemade Sweet Bread Rolls with very little kneading required. Soft, fluffy, buttery and damn delicious! You can have Mallorca Bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mallorca Bread
- You need 1 packet of dry yeast(1/4 oz).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lukewarm milk.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- You need 8 of egg yolks.
- It's 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 2 sticks of butter+ 1 stick for brushing.
- Prepare 6 1/2 cup of bread flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's of Powder sugar.
Mallorca Bread Puerto Rico Food Puerto Rican Recipes Puerto Rican Dessert Recipe Comida Latina Latin Food Pain Biscuits The Best. Mallorca Bread (Pan de Mallorca ) - Immaculate Bites. Mallorca cuisine combines classic Mediterranean cooking with historic influences from the Roman Empire, the Moors and North Africa as well as more recent influence from Catalonia and Spain. The breads are best freshly baked and toasted with lots of butter, or (my favorite) filled with thick slices of baked ham or jamon Serrano and some kind of cheese.
Mallorca Bread instructions
- In a large bowl combine eggs,sugar, melted butter and whisk until well combined.In another bowl pour in milk and water, sprinkle in yeast and let it seat for a minute..
- Add yeast mixture to egg mixture and whisk until well combined.In a separate bowl whisk together salt and flour..
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture one cup at a time until dough just come together.Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead until tacky..
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with a kitchen cloth and let it rise on the counter for 2 hours.The dough can also be refrigerated and rise overnight..
- Flour a clean work surface,turn dough out on a floured surface, sprinkle with flour.Tear the dough into 12 even pieces..
- Roll the dough pieces into 1/2 inch ropes.Shape the ropes into coiled buns,tucking the end under the bun.(as below but mine were not even).
- Preheat oven to 350°C.Place rolls in a pan loosely.Cover with kitchen towel and let it rise another 45 minutes.Using a pastry brush gently brush rolls with melted butter (mixed my butter with cinnamon for flavor)..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are just beginning to brown.Allow buns to cool,sift generously with powdered sugar or cocoa powder.Enjoy with coffee..
So I'm in the process of the Mallorca. Check out our guide to the best regional snacks and street food found on the Balearic island of Mallorca. This sweet pan mallorca recipe is adapted from Yvonne Ortiz' fine cookbook, A Taste of Puerto Rico, but you could make it savory as they do at La Bombonera by stuffing each roll with ham and cheese. Europe > Iberia > Spain > Balearic Islands > Mallorca. Španělsko - Mallorca- Mallorca, nazývaná též jako „perla Středomoří", je ostrovem zeleně, azurového moře, nesčetných krásných útesů a horských masivů. Láká k návštěvě nejen přírodními krásami.